Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX monitoring tools
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX monitoring tools Post 302078686 by trebor1 on Tuesday 4th of July 2006 03:27:50 AM
Old 07-04-2006
I have been looking at Nimsoft it looks good but would like some feed back if anybody else is using it in the SCO environment

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking Monitoring Tools

Any idea where can I get a freware to monitor the network traffic in my department? The best is this tool can store the log files. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zheng_soon
5 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

UNIX Monitoring tools

I need some monitoring tools for SCO 7.1.4 Does anybody reccomend some software that I can install to monitor mem leaks and odd SAR values etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trebor1
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Monitoring tools

Hi, In HPUX there is a grate monitor tools named GLANCE, which give you information on the disks load, memory usage, cpu ... What is the equivalent tool in LINUX Redhat 4. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Solaris Performance Monitoring Tools????

Hi, Are there any GUI (preferably web based) Solaris monitoring tools available for the SPARC platform. Just to clarify, when i say GUI, I don't mean buttons to configure the Software, of course that would be a plus, but rather GUI in terms of output, like Graphs. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

AIX monitoring tools for graphical output

Hi , I am new for Aix i am using IBM AIX server in our org. I am using tomcat and JDK 1.6 for our own ERP software the data base was stored in another server (windows ) i want to monitor my AIX server with graphical output from another system it is possible please help me, any other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_vnr`
7 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring tools

I am interested whitch tools are the best by monitoring the UNIX processes and network interfaces ? and whitch tools for management UNIX ? I know that the nagios very good monitoring tools, but interested me and others who have ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danyy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX user monitoring tools

Hello mates.. i need help with these things *Users should be allowed to login only once, i.e Multiple logins from single user should be restricted and should issue an alert if any user tries . *statistics of everyday log in time ,duration of login,and the commands executed by the user *Alert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: safijunaid
6 Replies

8. Solaris

How can i monitor solaris server by using any monitoring tools

Hi forum We have nearly 240 servers inclding zones . How can i monitor server and its performance by using any monitoring tools. My indentions is to plot graphs based on server utilization interms of cpu and memory Is there any opensource tools for this. I saw collectd and it has agent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
3 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring tools that do NOT require root privileges

Hi guys, I am currently managing an application running on around 150 servers. I only have application usage rights on those servers and do not have any root privileges. I have an external node that can connect to those servers and I have root privileges on that one box. I want to setup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

10. AIX

Monitoring tools

The monitoring tools what we have not able to see historical information about the process name or pid number for the process that consumed high CPU or memory or paging space. Can you please suggest some of the best monitoring tools available in the market that monitors primarily AIX and other Unix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
0 Replies
Nagios::Object(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Nagios::Object(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Object - Creates perl objects to represent Nagios objects DESCRIPTION
This module contains the code for creating perl objects to represent any of the Nagios objects. All of the perl classes are auto-generated at compile-time, so it's pretty trivial to add new attributes or even entire objects. The following is a list of currently supported classes: Nagios::TimePeriod Nagios::Command Nagios::Contact Nagios::ContactGroup Nagios::Host Nagios::Service Nagios::HostGroup Nagios::ServiceEscalation Nagios::HostDependency Nagios::HostEscalation Nagios::HostGroupEscalation Nagios::ServiceDependency -- next two are for status.dat in Nagios 2.x Nagios::Info Nagios::Program EXAMPLE
use Nagios::Object; my $generic_host = Nagios::Host->new( register => 0, parents => undef, check_command => $some_command, max_check_attempts => 3, checks_enabled => 1, event_handler => $some_command, event_handler_enabled => 0, low_flap_threshold => 0, high_flap_threshold => 0, flap_detection_enabled => 0, process_perf_data => 1, retain_status_information => 1, retain_nonstatus_information => 1, notification_interval => $timeperiod, notification_options => [qw(d u r)], notifications_enabled => 1, stalking_options => [qw(o d u)] ); # this will automatically 'use' $generic_host my $localhost = $generic_host->new( host_name => "localhost", alias => "Loopback", address => "127.0.0.1" ); my $hostname = $localhost->host_name(); printf "max check attempts for $hostname is %s. ", $localhost->max_check_attempts; $localhost->set_event_handler( Nagios::Command->new( command_name => "new_event_handler", command_line => "/bin/true" ) ); METHODS
new() Create a new object of one of the types listed above. Calling new() on an existing object will use the LHS object as the template for the object being created. This is mainly useful for creating objects without involving Nagios::Object::Config (like in the test suite). Nagios::Host->new( ... ); dump() Output a Nagios define { } block from an object. This is still EXPERIMENTAL, but may eventually be robust enough to use for a configuration GUI. Passing in a single true argument will tell it to flatten the object inheritance on dump. print $object->dump(); print $object->dump(1); # flatten name() This method is common to all classes created by this module. It should always return the textual name for an object. It is used internally by the Nagios::Object modules to allow polymorphism (which is what makes this module so compact). This is the only way to retrieve the name of a template, since they are identified by their "name" field. my $svc_desc = $service->name; my $hostname = $host->name; Which is just short for: my $svc_desc = $service->service_description; my $hostname = $service->host_name; register() Returns true/undef to indicate whether the calling object is registerable or not. if ( $object->register ) { print $object->name, " is registerable." } has_attribute() Returns true/undef to indicate whether the calling object has the attribute specified as the only argument. # check to see if $object has attribute "command_line" die if ( !$object->has_attribute("command_line") ); list_attributes() Returns a list of valid attributes for the calling object. my @host_attributes = $host->list_attributes(); attribute_type() Returns the type of data expected by the object's set_ method for the given attribute. For some fields like notification_options, it may return "char_flag." For "name" attributes, it will simply return whatever %setup_data contains. This method needs some TLC ... my $type = $host->attribute_type("notification_period"); attribute_is_list() Returns true if the attribute is supposed to be a list (ARRAYREF). if ( $object->attribute_is_list("members") ) { $object->set_members( [$member] ); } else { $object->set_members( $member ); } AUTHOR
Al Tobey <tobeya@cpan.org> Thank you to the fine people of #perl on freenode.net for helping me with some hairy code and silly optimizations. WARNINGS
See AUTHOR. perl v5.12.4 2011-10-22 Nagios::Object(3pm)