Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris System specification checking Post 302078661 by System Shock on Monday 3rd of July 2006 05:46:05 PM
Old 07-03-2006
The command you are looking for is prtdiag.
It's in /usr/sbin in Solaris 10, or /usr/platform/<platform>/sbin in 9 and down. (may be in /usr/sbin in 9 also, but I don't remember off hand)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HD specification

What command do I use to determine how many/what kind/how big the hard drives on a box are? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abolshoun
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fsstat: root file system needs checking

My server was shutdown improperly. Upon restart the system loads the kernel txt ok, but the .data load slowly. the boot up process stoppted and asked if ok to check the root file sytem y/n? i selected y. then appears htfs file system: root file system ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbco
0 Replies

3. Solaris

hardware specification ( very Urgent please )

I wana know my box hardware specification ( Like RAM , processor speed .... Etc ) and used version of Solaris i mean (SPARC, 32-bit) or (x86, 32-bit) or(SPARC, 64-bit) or what ?? very Urgent please (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSA
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range specification in for loop

Hello Friends, I want to use range in for loop. For that i used (..) operator but it is not working. Ex: for i in 1..24 do echo $i done Instead of printing 1 to 24 nos, it gives o/p as: 1..24 Please help me Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niyati
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RSC card specification

Hi I have a SUN box that i am supporting Model 480r . The RS card that is attached to it is giving some problems . It is pinging but i am unable to telnet into it therefore having no remote TC console access ( the system is currently up ) Is there a way by which i can remotely check the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam4u
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Getting server specification

Hi all, Can anyone help me to get the server specifications like the following? eg. SUN Fire XXX X UltraSPARC X MHZ X MB Memory X GB od hard disk X On board PCI IO card X PCI HNI card Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with column specification

Hi I am working on a program that reads a file with multiple columns and was curious how to specify the columns to be manipulated in the command line. For example the file may look something like: Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Column5 Column6 AC 82542 3525 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drossy
1 Replies

8. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris zones - checking processes and lofs file system

Hi all, q1) If i am in a global-zone, is there any command or anyway to check if a particular process in "ps -ef" output is running in which zone ? q2) if i have created and mount a lofs filesystem/mountpoint for my non-global zone, can i say the following e.g. /dev/md/dsk/d60 /data --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Checking open ports in a system

Hi, There are two servers which needs to be connected via the port number 1521 from a remote server. This is the port config in the first server : L28tstream1 : # netstat -tulpn | grep 1521 tcp 0 0 10.67.26.183:1521 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
CONSOLEHELPER(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  CONSOLEHELPER(8)

NAME
consolehelper - A wrapper that helps console users run system programs SYNOPSIS
progname [ options ] DESCRIPTION
consolehelper is a tool that makes it easy for console users to run system programs, doing authentication via PAM (which can be set up to trust all console users or to ask for a password at the system administrator's discretion). When possible, the authentication is done graphically; otherwise, it is done within the text console from which consolehelper was started. It is intended to be completely transparent. This means that the user will never run the consolehelper program directly. Instead, pro- grams like /sbin/shutdown are paired with a link from /usr/bin/shutdown to /usr/bin/consolehelper. Then when non-root users (specifically, users without /sbin in their path, or /sbin after /usr/bin) call the "shutdown" program, consolehelper will be invoked to authenticate the action and then invoke /sbin/shutdown. (consolehelper itself has no priviledges; it calls the userhelper(8) program do the real work.) consolehelper requires that a PAM configuration for every managed program exist. So to make /sbin/foo or /usr/sbin/foo managed, you need to create a link from /usr/bin/foo to /usr/bin/consolehelper and create the file /etc/pam.d/foo, normally using the pam_console(8) PAM mod- ule. OPTIONS
This program has no command line options of its own; it passes all command line options on to the program it is calling. SEE ALSO
userhelper(8) BUGS
No known bugs. Report any you find at http://developer.redhat.com/ at the BugTrack link. AUTHOR
Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@redhat.com> Red Hat Software 18 March 1999 CONSOLEHELPER(8)