Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to find all processes that are running Post 302078622 by Hitori on Monday 3rd of July 2006 10:29:59 AM
Old 07-03-2006
Code:
ps -A

look at ps(1)

Last edited by Hitori; 07-03-2006 at 11:40 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting certain info for all processes currently running

i am writing a utility that displays information about all the running processes in the /proc directory. I do not know how to get the following information for each of the processes in the /proc directory: -effective user id -effective user name -effective group id -effective group name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yifan_Guo
3 Replies

2. Programming

parsing currently running processes

Hey guys, I'm writing a monitoring program that reads the pattern and the max and min number of instances of a process and then proceeds to parse the currently running processes for the pattern. I just want to know how I should go about this. I'll give you an idea of the flow of the program:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identifying running processes

how to identify the processes running by giving the parent process id (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with running processes script

I'm doing a script with the Shell. I need that it only show the number of running processes. Ex: echo "There are `command` running processes" Thnx! Pd: Sorry the idiom. I'm spanish. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikebana
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with running processes script

I'm doing a script with the Shell. I need that it only show the number of running processes. Ex: echo "There are `command` running processes" Thnx! Pd: Sorry the idiom. I'm spanish. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikebana
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in running two processes in parellel

I have a script something like this: #!/usr/bin/ksh CLASSPATH=/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2java.zip:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2jcc.jar:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/function:$CLASSPATH export CLASSPATH ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

9. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find the number of processes running on root?

Is there a certain man command I'm missing here? I searched in ps but I couldn't find something that would give me the number of processes running on root. I only want to see the number of processes, not the processes itself. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l3monz
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)