Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help to retrive data from log file Post 302078612 by d_swapneel14 on Monday 3rd of July 2006 08:51:28 AM
Old 07-03-2006
help to retrive data from log file

hi

i have following file.
where i m trying to retrive data on latest date.
let us say we are extracting data from this file for Jun 30 where date is highest date in log file.
here i want to take output in other file from first line of Jun 30 to the end of file
[ here i want details also like Genration number and genration date]
in short i want retrive complete data for the latest date in log file.
and latest date is simmilar to the todays date...

i m trying to use grep and sub instr but no sucees.
plz guide me.

Thanks a lot in adavnce
Swapneel

*****************Thu Jun 28 20:06:28 BST 2006***********************************
Generation Number : 20062231
Generation Date : 20060629
There are no detail records
*****************Thu Jun 29 23:46:38 BST 2006***********************************
Generation Number : 20062231
*****************Fri Jun 30 00:01:19 BST 2006***********************************
Generation Number : 20062237
*****************Fri Jun 30 00:01:19 BST 2006***********************************
Generation Number : 20062237
Generation Date : 20060630

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrive deleted file's info

I have shell script which reads files, stores its data into Oracle and then deletes tht file. now i want to know creation date and time of deleted files. can we do this? if yes then how? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmita
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrive data that appear only once in a file.

hi, I need to get the list of functions that are used more than once in a file list. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anibu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrive lines from a file using AWK command

Dear friends, please tell me how to get some required lines from a file and write to another file using AWK command. i.e., if a file contains, abcdefghigk 12345 lmnopqrstuv 678910 wxyz please tell me how to get lines(line count is always 2 and it's contineous) mentioned in blue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swamymns
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrive value from a file

hi i am new to shell scripting i have a properties file like hs=abc hs1=def hs2=ghi now i want to retrive each value and assign it to a variable like var1 = abc please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrive the value returned by a command excuted in a remote server using ssh

Hello Everybody, I'm facing a weird problem with the awk command. I try to retrieve in a variable the value returned by a simple ls command. ls /export/home/tmp |tail -1 return a good value (the name of the . But When I try to execute the same command in a remote server using ssh as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jabarod
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range of data from a log file .

I am having a log file in which i need a range of data from specific date range. $cat my.log Jan 07 15:39:03 N/A _M_LocalDirectory listFiles(): listing files from dir Jan 07 15:39:03 N/A _w_fm_log:_f_Push() _w_fm_log_export_ftppush(): Files f Jan 07 05:58:35 N/A _w_fm_log_autoexport ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make ls retrive ordered list of elements

Hello friends!! I have a question regarding the use of ls in unix. I have a folder with files: t1.txt t2.txt t3.txt t4.txt ... t10.txt When I make an ls I always get: t10.txt t1.txt t2.txt t3.txt .. t9.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaktiPhoenix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to retrive data from DB(Aqua studio) in CVS format using UNIX script?

I am using aqua studio DB. I need to retrive the data from my database using uxin script in .csv format. i am using select query along with the joins. my o/p in the DB is of the below format. Cycle IDCycle StatusRecord 98N-0000ACV23-3636FCliet Level (Af)Success1689393HF-J7879-09090RCliet Level... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mugivz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data sorting out from log file

I have a logfile looks like this: Received request of type I need two write out every line to a new file if contains to a file called the SID name, like 187175558_xyz.txt Thanks for helping! ---------- Post updated at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:10 AM ---------- I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: batka
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a log file and put it in a file

Hi, I would like to seek your help for a script that will extract data from log file and put it in a file. Sample log file 2018-10-23 12:33:21 AI ERROR -- tpid: SAMPLE_TH account: 123456789 aiSessionNumber: 660640464 mapName: xxx to yyy errorDesc: Translation Error:ErrorNumber : 993 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neverwinter112
2 Replies
DATE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   DATE(1)

NAME
date -- display or set date and time SYNOPSIS
date [-ajnu] [-d date] [-r seconds] [+format] [[[[[[CC]yy]mm]dd]HH]MM[.SS]] DESCRIPTION
date displays the current date and time when invoked without arguments. Providing arguments will format the date and time in a user-defined way or set the date. Only the superuser may set the date. The options are as follows: -a Use adjtime(2) to change the local system time slowly, maintaining it as a monotonically increasing function. -a implies -n. -d date Parse the provided human-described date and time and display the result without actually changing the system clock. (See parsedate(3) for examples.) -j Parse the provided canonical representation of date and time (described below) and display the result without actually changing the system clock. -n The utility timed(8) is used to synchronize the clocks on groups of machines. By default, if timed is running, date will set the time on all of the machines in the local group. The -n option stops date from setting the time for other than the current machine. -r seconds Print out the date and time that is seconds from the Epoch. -u Display or set the date in UTC (universal) time. An operand with a leading plus (+) sign signals a user-defined format string which specifies the format in which to display the date and time. The format string may contain any of the conversion specifications described in the strftime(3) manual page, as well as any arbitrary text. A <newline> character is always output after the characters specified by the format string. The format string for the default display is: %a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y If an operand does not have a leading plus sign, it is interpreted as a value for setting the system's notion of the current date and time. The canonical representation for setting the date and time is: CC The first two digits of the year (the century). yy The second two digits of the year. If yy is specified, but CC is not, a value for yy between 69 and 99 results in a CC value of 19. Otherwise, a CC value of 20 is used. mm The month of the year, from 01 to 12. dd The day of the month, from 01 to 31. HH The hour of the day, from 00 to 23. MM The minute of the hour, from 00 to 59. SS The second of the minute, from 00 to 61. Everything but the minutes is optional. Time changes for Daylight Saving and Standard time and leap seconds and years are handled automatically. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables affect the execution of date: TZ The timezone to use when displaying dates. See environ(7) for more information. FILES
/etc/localtime Symlink pointing to system's default timezone information file in /usr/share/zoneinfo directory. /var/log/wtmp A record of date resets and time changes. /var/log/messages A record of the user setting the time. EXAMPLES
The command: date '+DATE: %m/%d/%y%nTIME: %H:%M:%S' will display: DATE: 11/21/87 TIME: 13:36:16 The command: date 8506131627 sets the date to ``June 13, 1985, 4:27 PM''. The command: date 1432 sets the time to 2:32 PM, without modifying the date. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 on success, 1 if unable to set the date, and 2 if able to set the local date, but unable to set it globally. Occasionally, when timed(8) synchronizes the time on many hosts, the setting of a new time value may require more than a few seconds. On these occasions, date prints: 'Network time being set'. The message 'Communication error with timed' occurs when the communication between date and timed fails. SEE ALSO
adjtime(2), gettimeofday(2), settimeofday(2), parsedate(3), strftime(3), utmp(5), timed(8) R. Gusella and S. Zatti, TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD. STANDARDS
The date utility is expected to be compatible with IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). BSD
November 15, 2006 BSD