Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timer interrupt
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers timer interrupt Post 302078472 by compbug on Friday 30th of June 2006 03:41:36 PM
Old 06-30-2006
Thanks

hey Thanks Man I got enough Idea.
I go on with further chapters.if I get any doubts I do approach you.

sorry for the delayed reply I was kind busy with other project works.

thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trapping Interrupt From 'ulimit'

I want to know the interrupt passed to a process through 'ulimit' I am running a process which gets killed when the 'ulimit -t' reaches. But after killing the process I want to start another process which would send a message or do some clean up or anything at all. To do the same I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrnuttynuts
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

erase and interrupt keys

This is on our Ultra 5/10 Sparc with Solaris 9. I need to store the following (stty) keys in the .profile and /etc/profile files as shown here. erase "Back Space Key" Interrupt "Ctrl + C" I need the exact syntax/procudure as I have to set these two keys whenever I login to the terminal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an interrupt in a script?

Is it possible to sent a ^C interrupt via the command line? For example if I want to tail a log for 10 minutes at a time, kill the tail and then start it again is there a way to go about that? I would imagine there would be some way to do it by finding and killing the PID, but I'm curious if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interrupt handling in k shell

Hi All, Is interrupt handling possible in k shell? Say if the user press CTRL-C or CTRl-D,I want to perform a particular action before terminating? Thnaks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hunting down for software interrupt causes

Hi, i have an rhel box with around 20 %soft every 2 seconds. The box is idle. How do i start hunting down what's causing this? i believe /proc/interrupts is hardware related, procinfo is basically the same. where else can i look? thanks, Marc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Alarm interrupt and multithreading

Hi Friends any know how became a friend in this Android Programming Language (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljarun
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to interrupt running application?

Hello i have problem passing ctrl+C into shell script this script will run application and return value but never ends and stay running. i tried trap and not working at all the command should look like this : sarm pcsp -s CHG_M_P1 i want something to stop this command after... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The UNIX clock/timer interrupt

The book The Design of the Unix Operating System speaks of a clock or timer that is used in scheduling. The clock generates interrupts that update priority information for processes and preempt processes in a round-robin fashion. It's apparent that this "clock" is not the same thing as the CPU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies
GETITIMER(2)							System Calls Manual						      GETITIMER(2)

NAME
getitimer, setitimer - get/set value of interval timer SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/time.h> #define ITIMER_REAL 0 /* real time intervals */ #define ITIMER_VIRTUAL 1 /* virtual time intervals */ #define ITIMER_PROF 2 /* user and system virtual time */ getitimer(which, value) int which; struct itimerval *value; setitimer(which, value, ovalue) int which; struct itimerval *value, *ovalue; DESCRIPTION
The system provides each process with three interval timers, defined in <sys/time.h>. The getitimer call returns the current value for the timer specified in which in the structure at value. The setitimer call sets a timer to the specified value (returning the previous value of the timer if ovalue is nonzero). A timer value is defined by the itimerval structure: struct itimerval { struct timeval it_interval; /* timer interval */ struct timeval it_value; /* current value */ }; If it_value is non-zero, it indicates the time to the next timer expiration. If it_interval is non-zero, it specifies a value to be used in reloading it_value when the timer expires. Setting it_value to 0 disables a timer. Setting it_interval to 0 causes a timer to be dis- abled after its next expiration (assuming it_value is non-zero). Time values smaller than the resolution of the system clock are rounded up to this resolution (on the VAX, 10 milliseconds). The ITIMER_REAL timer decrements in real time. A SIGALRM signal is delivered when this timer expires. The ITIMER_VIRTUAL timer decrements in process virtual time. It runs only when the process is executing. A SIGVTALRM signal is delivered when it expires. The ITIMER_PROF timer decrements both in process virtual time and when the system is running on behalf of the process. It is designed to be used by interpreters in statistically profiling the execution of interpreted programs. Each time the ITIMER_PROF timer expires, the SIGPROF signal is delivered. Because this signal may interrupt in-progress system calls, programs using this timer must be prepared to restart interrupted system calls. NOTES
Three macros for manipulating time values are defined in <sys/time.h>. Timerclear sets a time value to zero, timerisset tests if a time value is non-zero, and timercmp compares two time values (beware that >= and <= do not work with this macro). NOTES (PDP-11) On the PDP-11, setitimer rounds timer values up to seconds resolution. (This saves some space and computation in the overburdened PDP-11 kernel.) RETURN VALUE
If the calls succeed, a value of 0 is returned. If an error occurs, the value -1 is returned, and a more precise error code is placed in the global variable errno. ERRORS
The possible errors are: [EFAULT] The value parameter specified a bad address. [EINVAL] A value parameter specified a time was too large to be handled. SEE ALSO
sigvec(2), gettimeofday(2) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution August 26, 1985 GETITIMER(2)