Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invoking Shell Script via php Post 302078408 by amon on Friday 30th of June 2006 06:09:39 AM
Old 06-30-2006
also U can write separate script FTP script to send back txt output to other machine where PHP is..and than display result simply from txt file or some other file...does not metter..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong Shell Invoking My Script On Linux

I have a shell script that does NOT have the '#!' line at the top. It is written for ksh. The shell in my passwd entry is '/usr/bin/ksh' and my SHELL env variable is '/usr/bin/ksh'. Now, here's the issue. I invoke the script on Solaris with './myprog'. This works fine. I also run the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowrip
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking one shell script from other

hi, i am one day old in shell scritpting. how to invoke one shell script from the other? For eg.i have two shell scripts A.sh and B.sh. Inside A.sh i need to invoke B.sh and the return code of A.sh should be the value returned by B.sh. it would be better if you provide any sample shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay xavier
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking shell script from html/jsp page

I want to invoke shell script named bubesh.sh when submit button clicked on html/jsp page.I am using an apache server and the html & shell script are in the same working directory.Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning to the parent shell after invoking a script within a script

Hi everybody, I have a script in which I'm invoking another script which runs in a subshell. after the script is executed I want to return to the parent shell as some variables are set. However i'm unable to return to my original shell as the script which i'm calling inside is invoked in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoking shell script with perl command.

Hi All, I am using the following command to invoke the shell script from a perl command. perl -i.bak -pe'BEGIN { $cmd = "/opt/coreservices/tomcat-5.5.9/bin/digest.sh -a sha"; } s/(password=")(*)/ $1.`$cmd $2|cut -d: -f2|tr -d "\n"` /e ' $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking one shell script from another unix box

Hello All, I have a shell script A which is in one unix box. Also i have a script B in another unix box. Now i'm struggling to find a way to invoke A shell script from B shell script. Is it possible to do this in any way..Request you anybody please help me in this point. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in invoking shell command in PHP

Hi all.. can u please let me know how to use the unix shell curl command in PHP scripting, sample of my code is given below, <?php $ch = shell_exec('curl -H "Content-type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" --data-binary '{"text" : "how to check the temperature?"}' -H... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem invoking shell script

whats wrong here?! ________________ #!/bin/sh # FILE: clean_dirs # GOAL : To clean up directories used in Oracle processing # LANGUAGE : shell script (sh) # PARAMETERS : Input_File # 11/07/02 acri - modified to cd into the directory so it will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillraj
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Application in Shell Script

Hi All, I have a scenario : 1. A list of servers naming server21, server 22, server 23 etc. This list of servers is separate for my environments. Env1 has 3 server Env2 has 5 serves Env3 has 10 servers 2. Each server accesses application through which I want to invoke some method. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
7 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)