Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [ksh] useradd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [ksh] useradd Post 302078406 by chodaboy on Friday 30th of June 2006 06:06:50 AM
Old 06-30-2006
Thanks for reply.
I do not have useradd in /usr/sbin directory. I just have a file called menu.

I run SCO Unix Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate useradd

Hi I wounder if some one knows how to make a script to automate user adding? When i am starting the script it will add user like 04pers00 and fowllowing untill that i'm quit. The password will be a standard password typed in the file. I'm unsing Sun solaris 9 on Intel Sorry for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steffa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

useradd permissions

hi everybody, can you please answer this question : when making a listing i have this : -r-xr-xr-x 2 root sys 32276 Feb 14 2001 useradd Why in this case a simple user can't execute this command? regards! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
2 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd

Hi, I need to add a new user who will only be able to access one single folder on my Solaris 9 system. Can this be achieved by using just useradd or do i need to fiddle with auth_attr table? TIA, Selma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

9. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Useradd script

Trying to create a bash script that will read the /etc/passwd file for existing UID's before adding a new user and also does an incremental by allocating the next available UID.And also add the user to the correct group.Please help I am a newbie in scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tshepang
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLMENU(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)

NAME
dh_installmenu - install Debian menu files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmenu [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmenu is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian menu package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the Debian menu package. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.menu Debian menu files, installed into usr/share/menu/package in the package build directory. See menufile(5) for its format. debian/package.menu-method Debian menu method files, installed into etc/menu-methods/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) update-menus(1) menufile(5) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)