Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX "Web-based System Manager" error Post 302078401 by Ebbi on Friday 30th of June 2006 04:45:35 AM
Old 06-30-2006
Question "Web-based System Manager" error

Hi,

I have a problem with the "Web-based System Manager" on AIX 5.3 ML04.

When selecting category "File Systems" and the "Overview and Tasks", I get a popup with the following error:

Code:
[severity 1,6/30/06 10:39 AM,,rs6000]:

com.ibm.jcb.RemoteSourceException: The remote call failed; nested exception is:
	java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1%"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1%"
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:63)
	at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:417)
	at java.lang.Long.<init>(Long.java:644)
	at com.ibm.websm.apps.wsmfs.JFS._getKeyIDList(JFS.java:241)
	at com.ibm.websm.apps.wsmfs.JFS.getOverviewStatusObjList(JFS.java:172)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.websm.etc.IUtil.Invoke(IUtil.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.websm.mobject.MOClassImpl.getOverviewStatusObjList(MOClassImpl.java:698)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.jcbimpl.transport.RemoteInvoker.localInvokeShortcut(RemoteInvoker.java:1433)
	at com.ibm.jcbimpl.transport.RemoteInvoker.remoteInvoke(RemoteInvoker.java:621)
	at com.ibm.jcbimpl.transport.RemoteInvoker.remoteInvoke(RemoteInvoker.java:1048)
	at com.ibm.jcb.proxies.JCProxyKernel.remoteInvoke(JCProxyKernel.java:486)
	at com.ibm.websm.mobject.MOClass$JCProxy.getOverviewStatusObjList(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.websm.mobject.MOClassCW.getOverviewStatusObjList(MOClassCW.java:588)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mooverview.WOverview.getOverviewStatusObjList(WOverview.java:560)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mooverview.WOverview.loadPluginImpl(WOverview.java:511)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mooverview.WOverview$1.doWork(WOverview.java:475)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mocontainer.WContainerTaskRunner.run(WContainerTaskRunner.java:191)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mooverview.WOverview.getOverviewStatusObjList(WOverview.java:562)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mooverview.WOverview.loadPluginImpl(WOverview.java:511)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mooverview.WOverview$1.doWork(WOverview.java:475)
	at com.ibm.websm.container.mocontainer.WContainerTaskRunner.run(WContainerTaskRunner.java:191)

Yesterday the "Web-based System Manager" has worked fine, but I had to use xkill a few times. I did not install another Java version.

Thanks in advance, any help is appeciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Web-based System Manager (WSM)

Hello everyone, Would any of you know what group I need to be a member of to be able to change system settings via WSM? I have tried adding myself to couple of groups (adm, sucurity, system) but so far no good. I am able to see what settings are applied, but cannot change them. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juniorG
3 Replies

2. AIX

web-based system manager

dear aix guru, i have some question....i would like to set up broadcast message & email to root repeatly when the event had occured untill the error is fixed.... coz i got only one broadcast message & email when i start the condition... thanks ;) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: click007
0 Replies

3. AIX

Starting web-based system manager?

How does one initiate this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail: how to restrict delivery based on "to" or "from"?

Hello, I manage a large sendmail server that handles more than 20,000 pieces of mail per day. It's a bit unusual in that all this mail is only being sent to and from 4 local accounts. (It's an automated transaction processing system, whereby users submit a transaction via email attachment). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "date" and "system" command

Hello experts! I need your help please I have a file.txt of which I want to extract 3rd and 4th columns with date with the form e.g.: 2016-11-25 03:14:50and pass them to "date" command, but also append the 9th column in a file as well. So I want to execute date -d '2016-11-25 03:14:50' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
dxhosts(8)						      System Manager's Manual							dxhosts(8)

NAME
dxhosts - Provides host management capabilities for local and remote hosts SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxhosts OPTIONS
Host Manager accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line options, which are documented in the OPTIONS section of the X(1X) reference page. DESCRIPTION
Use the Host Manager application, dxhosts, to: Add or delete a host from the list of preferred hosts Enable or disable X Window System(TM) access for all or selected hosts Start applications on a remote host The Host Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin FILES
Defaults that are shared by the graphical and command line user interfaces Host Manager application executable Host Manager help volume Directory containing Host Manager application icons Application defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources Host Manager message catalog Message catalog containing Host manager location IDs for on-item help i18n_motif_shared_text.cat Message catalog containing application-independent messages i18n_motif_shared_text_LocIds.cat Message catalog containing application-independent location IDs for on-item help SEE ALSO
Commands: ftp(1), rcp(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), xhost(1X) Files: hostname(5), hosts(4), hosts.equiv(4), protocols(4), dxhosts(8)