Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Random files do not FTP in the shell script Post 302078316 by RTM on Thursday 29th of June 2006 12:07:51 PM
Old 06-29-2006
The files in /tmp may still be open/being built - then the next time you run, those are okay and transfer and some other file is in the same state - open or being built.

Check the process that builds these files or for any processes that may have them open - if the file is open, you may not want to transfer until they are static.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files inside a shell script

I have a shell script where I am trying to ftp some files but I get the error message "EOF unclosed" every time the script reaches the ftp section. Here is how my script is written. #more code up here rm -f $object >> $LOG_FILE 2>&1 fi #end of if done #end of for loop ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrix1067
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random parameters passing in FTP script

Hi I have a question. In the FTP script if we are passing all the required value like Hostname, username, password, Action(put or get), Filename, & mode(ascii or binary) through parameters then we have to pass these in the exact orders in which they are taken like if we defined Username=$2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabhshakya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP random files

Hello everyone, What I'm trying to do is figure out how to ftp a set of random files each day about 50 or so maybe more or less. I have a folder on my server that gets about 1000 or so new files each day, each with today's date in the file name. We just want to take a sample each day for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a list of files on an ftp, via shell script...

G'day, I was wanting to write a shell script that checks an ftp server for the presence of new files, then get those files. In so much as the get, this is pretty straight forward, but I cannot work out how to get a list of files to check. Is it possible for a shell script to get the output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to auto process ten random files and generate logs

Hello member's I'm learning to script in the ksh environment on a Solaris Box. I have 10 files in a directory that I need to pass, as input to a batch job one by one. lets say, the files are named as follows: abcd.txt ; efgh.bat ; wxyz.temp etc. (random filenames with varied extensions ).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to ftp files from windows to unix

Hi , I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine.Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the forum i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp files from one server to another using shell script

Hi Guys Any Help I have created a spool file that i need to copy onto another server using FTP in a shell script both servers are linux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itai
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shell script to get all the files from FTP server

Hi Guru's, I am new to UNIX. my requirement is to log on to FTP server and get all the .txt files. i have developed one script by searching some forums but getting error and not able to fix them. pls see below code. ftp -i-n<<EOF open $FTP_HOST... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
30 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp multiple files

Hi, i use the below script to send a single file to remote server from linux. ftp -nvi <<!EOF open $Host_name user $USER_ID $PWD binary mput $file_name quit !EOF (where i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in shell script and selecting files for upload

Hi, Im a newbie with programming and shell scripting. Im running OSX/Mac and Darwin. I would like to create a shell script that would : 1. Search a Volume and directory (including subdirectories) for a file that : * filename ends with ”_Highres.pdf” and * the file creation date of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NickeZ28
8 Replies