Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Final Output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Final Output Post 302078295 by Doc_RuNNeR on Thursday 29th of June 2006 10:51:32 AM
Old 06-29-2006
If you want a shell script you can use that
Code:
#! /bin/bash
espacios=IFS
IFS="
"
for i in `cat $1`
do
  name=`echo $i | cut -d" " -f1`
  echo $i > aux
  cat $2 | grep "^$name " | cut -d" " -f2 >> aux
  cat aux | tr -s "\n" " " >> aux2
  echo >> aux2
done
IFS=$espacios
unset espacios
rm aux

It generates a file whose name is aux2 that has the information that you want.

Bye

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the final output file

Hey all, I am haivng n number of files all of them are of the same format but different details. i.e File1 is having the folloeing details: "Account1",123 "Account2",10 "Account3",12355 "Accountn",555 File2 is having the folloeing details: "Account1",1234 "Account2",100... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX - How to remove the final delimiter from a command output

Hi All, I am trying to list the various dates for which the file is available in a directory using the command below, (& subsequently pass the command output to a loop) Command : ls dir|grep 'filename'|cut -d '_' -f1|cut -c1-8|tr '\n' ',' However, it is giving me an extra comma... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Bash shell script that emails final output as attachement?

Greetings. I have a nice bash shell script that runs a multi-step analysis well. I already have the SGE options set up to email me the progress of the run (started, completed, aborted), but a final step would be to code the shell script to email the final output (a .txt file) to the same email... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Separating output after final character

I'm trying to write a script that will email the contents of my Application folder to me. cd /Applications ListApps=$(ls) echo $ListApps | mail -s "Application Check" myself@myemail.com This sends it in a paragraphed block i.e: Adobe Acrobat Reader.app App Store.app Atom.app... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
4 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), gznew(1), gzmore(1), gzcmp(1), gzforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gzip is available on http://opensolaris.org. GZEXE(1)