Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Startup script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Startup script Post 302078293 by RTM on Thursday 29th of June 2006 10:45:52 AM
Old 06-29-2006
If S90 is a start up script you built, try moving it to /etc/rc3.d so it gets started later in the boot process - that may solve both issues.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Startup script and services

Guy's What the exact steps to mention for example this script /usr/start/start.sh to be as start up script , I want it to be automatically started when I reboot the server . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Script Somewhere ?

Hello there! I need help. Everytime I login to my ssh, i see this: -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found any help ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbauto1
0 Replies

3. Solaris

how to put script in startup

Hi All, O/S: Solaris 5.10 Software installed :- Oracle 10G Weblogic 10.30 the problem i face that when the server restart for any reason SQL> exit bash-3.00# sqlplus sys/manchester as sysdba SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sun May 2 11:04:50 2010 Copyright (c)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
3 Replies

4. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

running my own script during startup

Hi, I am using scientific linux with is a red hat cloning. I have written a script and I want it to be run during startup before the user log in. How do I do that? I know that there is some connection to the run level and the directory /etc/rc.d. But I don't know how exactly to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script problem

The attached file is a copy of my rc.local. The rc.local script appears to execute as the tightvncserver gets started. However the nodemon process does not start. The element nodemon is a symlink to nodemon and the path is correct. I have a little start script located in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrygordon
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script not running at startup

I am having check.sh script and check.service which I include to /etc/systemd/system/ chmod 744 /usr/local/bin/check.sh chmod 664 /etc/systemd/system/check.service systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable check.servicecheck.sh: websockify 5555 localhost:7000 & date >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
9 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes blocked by pending I/O will cause new process creation to be weighted by the iorate factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify another value. The amount weight=(nblockedxiorate)/1000 will be subtracted from the total number of processes which could be started, where nblocked is the number of processes currently blocked by pending I/O. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init(8) insserv(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)