Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VT100 terminal and colour
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VT100 terminal and colour Post 302078265 by preethgideon on Thursday 29th of June 2006 08:12:18 AM
Old 06-29-2006
additional question

I don't know if this is the right place for my post.
Could someone tell me how to put on and put off the colour in vi editor.
Also what is an AIX system

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Text Color Using VT100

Hi, I want to change the color of the text. Currently, I am using the following VT100 command, which changes the color of the foreground: <ESC>[{attr1};...;{attrn}m The problem is, when I change the color of the foreground, it changes the color of the text as expected, but it also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abed Alnaif
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh, font colour

hi all, how do i change the colour of text if i am using printf ?? in my script i am printing out response times from the server and i wanted to print out the max response time in red. ta. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

random colour xterm alias

I used to have this but do not know where it went - a script or an alias that: opens a new xterm window with a random background colour. I have this off "the internets" : alias xterm1="xterm ... -bg \#* printf '%02x%02x%02x' {repeat 3 times $((RANDOM%128+128))}` &" this gives me an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcadia
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

hpux top colour

Hello, is there some way to change b/w colour of top command output in hpux B.11.31 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonijel
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing text colour in bash

I am doing a basic script to check if services are disabled, and I was wondering how to change to colours for PASS and FAIL to green & red respectively. #!/usr/bin/bash clear TELNET=`svcs -a | grep telnet | awk '{print $1}'` if then RESULT=PASS else RESULT=FAIL fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: detatchedd
3 Replies

6. Programming

Cshell help with change colour in print

i want to ask how to change the colour of prompt message from use? and also how to change colour in printing........ i want to change it as blue colour and red colour, but i found many website still don't know how to do. how's the command is wrote? thz really!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendy1089
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed colour change

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will email a backup report from the server, The contents of the email will be: ---------------------- ---- -- ---- ----- ---- ------- ---- ------- ------- | | | | |Chnge|Wkng| | | | | | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bdoydie
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colour code in shell script

Hello, I am trying to colour code a single word in whole line. Can you please help. I am able to colour code the whole line but not able to do only for single word Query) I want to echo below line and colur code red to word FAILED only. This server is FAILED in check. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Add a new user to a vt100 profile

Hello Team, I am trying to add a user a9acd012 and the user has to be added to two groups in unix and two groups in windows, Also i want to give the user vt100 profile when i create the user.Can anyone here help me with the command please.Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi2089
1 Replies
TPUT(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TPUT(1)

NAME
tput, clear -- terminal capability interface SYNOPSIS
tput [-T term] attribute ... clear DESCRIPTION
The tput utility makes terminal-dependent information available to users or shell applications. When invoked as the clear utility, the screen will be cleared as if tput clear had been executed. The options to tput are as follows: -T The terminal name as specified in the termcap(5) database, for example, ``vt100'' or ``xterm''. If not specified, tput retrieves the ``TERM'' variable from the environment. The tput utility outputs a string for each attribute that is of type string; a number for each of type integer. Otherwise, tput exits 0 if the terminal has the capability and 1 if it does not, without further action. If an attribute is of type string, and takes arguments (e.g. cursor movement, the termcap ``cm'' sequence) the arguments are taken from the command line immediately following the attribute. The following special attributes are available: clear Clear the screen (the termcap(5) ``cl'' sequence). init Initialize the terminal (the termcap(5) ``is'' sequence). longname Print the descriptive name of the user's terminal type. reset Reset the terminal (the termcap(5) ``rs'' sequence). EXIT STATUS
The exit status of tput is as follows: 0 If the last attribute attribute argument is of type string or integer, its value was successfully written to standard output. If the argument is of type boolean, the terminal has this attribute. 1 This terminal does not have the specified boolean attribute. 2 Usage error. 3 No information is available about the specified terminal type. SEE ALSO
termcap(5), terminfo(5) STANDARDS
The tput utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The tput utility appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
The tput utility cannot really distinguish between different types of attributes. Some termcap entries depend upon having a '%' in them that is just a '%' and nothing more. Right now we just warn about them if they do not have a valid type declaration. These warnings are sent to stderr. BSD
June 15, 2002 BSD