Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Verify scp return status
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Verify scp return status Post 302078218 by new2ss on Wednesday 28th of June 2006 10:04:53 PM
Old 06-28-2006
Hi,
does it mean i should do a
Code:
 if ($? = -1) print $! ;# to output error message
else print "success"

I tried the above and got something like " $! = inappropriate ioctl for device".
did i use $? wrongly?

Hi blowtorch, i amended my code, and it worked.thanks a lot
Code:
$exit_value  = $? >> 8;
if ($exit_value != 0) 
	{print "Sending of file NO\n";}
	else 
	{print "Sending of file DONE\n";}

Last edited by new2ss; 06-29-2006 at 01:29 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return status...

Hello there! Here is my problem. I hope I can get some help about it. I need to know how can I get the return code of an application in the Unix shell script. The script is like below: PREVIOUS STATEMENT & VARIABLES sqlplus scott/tiger @$sqldir/$sqlscript NEXT STATEMENT (Like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaz
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp transmits ok but random return code

Appreciate your thoughts....I m very new to this. Anyone here have the similar experience and work around. Thanks. Use scp to send a file from HP-UX to SUN box successfully but return code randomly being generated. The majority of time reports 1 (meaning not ok) and sometime 0 (OK). When scp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiraym
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

return ftp status

Hello, I still have problems when trying to figure out if the status of an ftp was successful. I ftp to different types (nt, vax, unix, etc...) of machines. I am trying to write a universal script that will ftp a file and then check to see if the ftp was successful. I have tried the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return status of all previous runs

hi, I set the crontab to execute script A every 5 minutes from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm everyday, now at 12:00am I want to run another script if and only if all the previous runs of script A return OK, can anyone tell me how it could be done? thank you very very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Return of EXIT status ( $? )

I have the question: How return the exit code from then assign : VAR=$(command ) for ex. VAR=$(ls ....) VAREXIT=$? echo $VAREXIT VAREXIT is equal to 0 if the directory exist or not exist. WHI?? if i execute the command direct from line-command , the value of $? is different if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

evaluate return status of a function

Hi all I'm trying to evalute the return status of a function without much success. I've put a very basic example below to explain. check_ok() works fine but when used within an if statement, it always returns true, whether it is true or false. I'm guessing it returns true as the function... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tig2810
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opposite return status in c shell

there is something wrong with my system. when I do this: diff file1 file1 && echo 1 the output is 1. but diff file1 file2 >/dev/null && echo 1 output nothing while diff file1 file2 >/dev/null || echo 1 shows 1. the same with "grep" return status. they are both GNU utilities.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Status

Hi can you explain me, what does variables $@ and $* return and how are they used, if can give me a sample example it could be helpful. Thanks in advance, Regards, Abhishek S. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To verify status of particular Component(Siebel Server srvrmgr)

Hi , I want to connect srver to pertuculat mode(i.e.srvrmanger)and after that I want to verify status of perticular component(i.e.CommOutboundMgr) For that I have created following script bout after 3rd line it is not executing 4th linei.e. list comp CommOutboundMgr. cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does SCP return an error code for network issues

Hello everyone, In a script, I am using SCP to copy huge file to another host. scp -qrp hugefile.txt /opt/perf05/tmp However, we have noticed that this file is not being copied. I am suspecting this was because we are losing connection while copying this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwarentine
1 Replies
GEOIP_TIME_ZONE_BY_COUNTRY_AND_REGION(3)				 1				  GEOIP_TIME_ZONE_BY_COUNTRY_AND_REGION(3)

geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region - Returns the time zone for some country and region code combo

SYNOPSIS
string geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region (string $country_code, [string $region_code]) DESCRIPTION
The geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region(3) function will return the time zone corresponding to a country and region code combo. In the United States, the region code corresponds to the two-letter abbreviation of each state. In Canada, the region code corresponds to the two-letter province or territory code as attributed by Canada Post. For the rest of the world, GeoIP uses FIPS 10-4 codes to represent regions. You can check http://www.maxmind.com/app/fips10_4 for a detailed list of FIPS 10-4 codes. This function is always available if using GeoIP Library version 1.4.1 or newer. The data is taken directly from the GeoIP Library and not from any database. PARAMETERS
o $country_code - The two-letter country code (see geoip_country_code_by_name(3)) o $region_code - The two-letter (or digit) region code (see geoip_region_by_name(3)) RETURN VALUES
Returns the time zone on success, or FALSE if the country and region code combo cannot be found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region(3) example using region code for US/Canada This will print the time zone for country CA (Canada), region QC (Quebec). <?php $timezone = geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region('CA', 'QC'); if ($timezone) { echo 'Time zone for CA/QC is: ' . $timezone; } ?> The above example will output: Time zone for CA/QC is: America/Montreal Example #2 A geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region(3) example using FIPS codes This will print the time zone for country JP (Japan), region 01 (Aichi). <?php $timezone = geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region('JP', '01'); if ($timezone) { echo 'Time zone for JP/01 is: ' . $timezone; } ?> The above example will output: Time zone for JP/01 is: Asia/Tokyo PHP Documentation Group GEOIP_TIME_ZONE_BY_COUNTRY_AND_REGION(3)