Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help on unix script to run report Post 302078187 by rajeeb_d on Wednesday 28th of June 2006 03:20:20 PM
Old 06-28-2006
Try this

If you have got records in a.txt you could do this. Remember a.txt has to be in the directory where this script is situated or else put the path before the file name a.txt.

# FCP_USERNAME=`echo $* | awk ' { print $5 } ' | cut -d\" -f2` FCP_USERNAME=NJ_SCHEDULE FCP_LOGIN=APPS/xxxxx

export PATH
ORACLE_HOME=/d1app03/oracle/testora/8.0.6
TNS_ADMIN=/d1app03/oracle/testora/8.0.6/network/admin/test_uxprd
export TNS_ADMIN
ORACLE_SID=test

while read x
do
ORD_LOW=$x
ORD_HIGH=$x

CONCSUB ${FCP_LOGIN} "OE" "Order Entry USA Expedite" ${FCP_USERNAME} WAIT=Y CON CURRENT ARO AROOEACK PRINTER=isdl NUMBER_OF_COPIES=1 PRINT_STYLE=LANDSCAPE {'1'
,'191','MSTK','D','ORDER','""',${ORD_LOW},${ORD_HIGH},'""','""','""','""
','""','
""','""','""','""','""','N'}

done < a.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unix sheel script to run report

Hi All, I have a report which I am running from unix shell script using CONCSUB utility. Just for testing I put the order number in shell script as ord_low and ord_high. But Actually what is going to happen is that the order numbers will be in a file say a.txt and this CONCSUB should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check in unix shell script so that no one is able to run the script manually

I want to create an automated script which is called by another maually executed script. The condition is that the no one should be able to manually execute the automated script. The automated script can be on the same machine or it can be on a remote machine. Can any one suggest a check in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adi_bang76
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to run a query

Hi , I need help in creating the shell script for querying using a loop. I haev written the code as follows . But i am getting an error : Line doesn't required '(' . i have chagned but am getting again #!/bin/ksh ##checking the Command Line Parameter if test $1 = "" then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramji_leo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the UNIX script only in specified timelines

Hi, I have an UNIX script which runs in every 20 mins of all the days scheduled through CRON. But i need to modify the CRON entry such that it should run from 00:00 AM to 18:00 and again from 22:00 to 23:59 on Saturday. Remaning days, it should run as usual in every 20 mins. Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the UNIX script only in specified timelines

Hi, I have an UNIX script which runs in every 20 mins of all the days scheduled through CRON. But i need to modify the CRON entry such that it should run from 00:00 AM to 18:00 and again from 22:30 to 23:59 on Saturday. Remaning days, it should run as usual in every 20 mins. Could anybody... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to run this script from unix but the script is not successfull

Hi I am trying to run the below unix script in informatica comamnd task the script is in placed in the path (this script checks if the files are present in other server ) ------------------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Manual run a script on UNIX

Hi,I'm currently working on an dev environment that has no jobs to run the scripts.How can I manual run the scripts. on Unix? ---------- Post updated at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:43 AM ---------- Is it something like this.... ../int/inbound>./filename.sh inputfilename ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonja
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script from Unix script

Hello Guys I have to run a perl script from unix one The reason for this is I have to connect to remote server and then execute the perl script. In unix script I am able to connect to remote server without any password via ssh ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run UNIX Script from Excel

How to run scripts from Excel and bring results back to excel? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshdrkr
10 Replies
OCI_NEW_CONNECT(3)														OCI_NEW_CONNECT(3)

oci_new_connect - Connect to the Oracle server using a unique connection

SYNOPSIS
resource oci_new_connect (string $username, string $password, [string $connection_string], [string $character_set], [int $ses- sion_mode]) DESCRIPTION
Establishes a new connection to an Oracle server and logs on. Unlike oci_connect(3) and oci_pconnect(3), oci_new_connect(3) does not cache connections and will always return a brand-new freshly opened connection handle. This is useful if your application needs transactional isolation between two sets of queries. PARAMETERS
o $username - The Oracle user name. o $password - The password for $username. o $connection_string -Contains the Oracle instance to connect to. It can be an Easy Connect string, or a Connect Name from the tnsnames.ora file, or the name of a local Oracle instance. If not specified, PHP uses environment variables such as TWO_TASK (on Linux) or LOCAL (on Windows) and ORACLE_SID to determine the Oracle instance to connect to. To use the Easy Connect naming method, PHP must be linked with Oracle 10 g or greater Client libraries. The Easy Connect string for Oracle 10 g is of the form: [//]host_name[:port][/ser- vice_name]. From Oracle 11 g, the syntax is: [//]host_name[:port][/service_name][:server_type][/instance_name]. Service names can be found by running the Oracle utility lsnrctl status on the database server machine. The tnsnames.ora file can be in the Oracle Net search path, which includes $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and /etc. Alternatively set TNS_ADMIN so that $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora is read. Make sure the web daemon has read access to the file. o $character_set -Determines the character set used by the Oracle Client libraries. The character set does not need to match the character set used by the database. If it doesn't match, Oracle will do its best to convert data to and from the database character set. Depending on the character sets this may not give usable results. Conversion also adds some time overhead. If not specified, the Oracle Client libraries determine a character set from the NLS_LANG environment variable. Passing this parameter can reduce the time taken to connect. o $session_mode -This parameter is available since version PHP 5 (PECL OCI8 1.1) and accepts the following values: OCI_DEFAULT, OCI_SYSOPER and OCI_SYSDBA. If either OCI_SYSOPER or OCI_SYSDBA were specified, this function will try to establish privileged connection using external credentials. Privileged connections are disabled by default. To enable them you need to set oci8.privileged_connect to On. PHP 5.3 (PECL OCI8 1.3.4) introduced the OCI_CRED_EXT mode value. This tells Oracle to use External or OS authentication, which must be configured in the database. The OCI_CRED_EXT flag can only be used with username of "/" and a empty password. oci8.privileged_connect may be On or Off. OCI_CRED_EXT may be combined with the OCI_SYSOPER or OCI_SYSDBA modes. OCI_CRED_EXT is not supported on Windows for security reasons. RETURN VALUES
Returns a connection identifier or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
The following demonstrates how you can separate connections. Example #1 oci_new_connect(3) example <?php // create table mytab (mycol number); function query($name, $c) { echo "Querying $name "; $s = oci_parse($c, "select * from mytab"); oci_execute($s, OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT); $row = oci_fetch_array($s, OCI_ASSOC); if (!$row) { echo "No rows "; } else { do { foreach ($row as $item) echo $item . " "; echo " "; } while (($row = oci_fetch_array($s, OCI_ASSOC)) != false); } } $c1 = oci_connect("hr", "welcome", "localhost/orcl"); $c2 = oci_new_connect("hr", "welcome", "localhost/orcl"); $s = oci_parse($c1, "insert into mytab values(1234)"); oci_execute($s, OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT); query("basic connection", $c1); query("new connection", $c2); oci_commit($c1); query("new connection after commit", $c2); // Output is: // Querying basic connection // 1234 // Querying new connection // No rows // Querying new connection after commit // 1234 ?> See oci_connect(3) for further examples of parameter usage. SEE ALSO
oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_NEW_CONNECT(3)