Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Portmapper not responding
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Portmapper not responding Post 302077863 by sak900354 on Tuesday 27th of June 2006 05:11:49 AM
Old 06-27-2006
Portmapper not responding

Kindly

When I start the server i have this error "portmapper on server 185.125.241.321 is not responding"

let me also clarify that this is the old IP of the server and the new one 192.168.0.2

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS SERVER.....not responding

Hi i am using HPUX11.00 and i am facing a starnge problem after some time when i log on a message is coimng NFS server not responding still trying....and it keps on coming there is no other way but to log out..form the server and start once again... there is no file system exported or NFS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell not responding

Hi all (Shell: ksh Unix: NCR Unix) Upon opening a shell, I can type a command (any command), but the shell does very little or nothing. If I cd to an unknown directory, the shell responds with "file not found", if I issue 'ls', I get no directory listing (files are present). If I issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
2 Replies

3. Linux

problem with pmap_set (portmapper)

Hi guys, i am putting this problem again please help me out.. The RPC problem is appearing on the screen while starting the portmap service,take a look of the real.. #/etc/init.d/portmap restart Stopping portmap: Starting portmap: Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out not registered:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
15 Replies

4. Solaris

SC on T5220 not responding

Hi, SC on one of my T5220 is not responding .. it does not show not let me type anything .. what could be the reason for it ? though when i powercycle the box from sc it shows me the system coming up but after that does not let me login thru sc sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Help! System not responding!

Hello All! please help. I have a solaris8 server (NIS client) that lost network connectivity to NIS master server. After restoring connectivity to NIS master server, I can't access the server. 1. The server responds to ping. 2. Telnet -- after it authenticates I do not get a prompt. 3.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command is not responding...

I am attempting to run 'ls -ltr' on a directory where file is being written. After firing this command, I dont receive any response from the shell. I understand, because one of the file is writing, this must have happened. Is there any way, we can still see the listing represnted the query fire... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

7. SuSE

portmapper service

Hello, I've been asked to look this up and I'm having issue finding it. We are currently harding our servers and I'm new to SUSE 11. The security people at work want me to disable the portmapper service. How do you disable the portmapper service? Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ALOM Not Responding to logins

I have a few servers that are all having the same problem when trying to login to their ALOMs. The are T2000's. When I go to login I get the login prompt, but some machines ALOMs aren't responding to the initial login: # ssh xx.xx.xx.xx Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Firefox is already running, but is not responding.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am logging in as a regular user, whose home directory is being mounted from nfs server. When I tried to open a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
8 Replies
InternetSharing(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					InternetSharing(8)

NAME
InternetSharing -- simple NAT/router configuration daemon SYNOPSIS
InternetSharing -d DESCRIPTION
InternetSharing is the back-end for the Internet Sharing feature. It is responsible for configuring the network interfaces, the DHCP server bootpd(8), the network address translation daemon natd(8), and the Internet domain name server named(8). named(8) is run in caching-only mode and allows the DHCP server to always offer the same DNS server address to the DHCP clients, regardless of the value of the actual DNS server addresses. The single command line option -d places additional debugging information to stdout/stderr. InternetSharing is launched by launchd(8) both at start-up and when the user turns Internet Sharing on in the Sharing preferences pane. By default, InternetSharing configures the IP addresses for non-AirPort interfaces starting at 192.168.2.1, walking up by one class C network (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) for each subsequent interface i.e. 192.168.3.1, 192.168.4.1, 192.168.5.1, and so on. The AirPort interface by default is assigned 10.0.2.1. CONFIGURATION
InternetSharing reads the property list com.apple.nat.plist stored in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Details of the com.apple.nat.plist are subject to change and are not completely documented here. The plist is a contract between the Sharing preferences pane and InternetSharing. Any details provided here are for informational purposes only. The plist is a dictionary with a single sub-dictionary called NAT containing properties to control which interfaces to use and other set- tings. It may also have a sub-dictionary called AirPort that is used to configure the AirPort interface when it is put into access point mode. One property worth mentioning is SharingNetworkNumberStart. This property controls the behavior of InternetSharing when it configures IP addresses for the local interfaces. The property is encoded as a string containing the dotted decimal network IP address, assumed to be a class C network. For example: <key>SharingNetworkNumberStart</key> <string>192.168.100.0</string> If the SharingNetworkNumberStart appears directly in the NAT dictionary, it controls the starting IP address chosen for the non-AirPort interfaces. If the property appears within the AirPort sub-dictionary, it controls the IP address assigned to the AirPort interface. The purpose of the property is to allow the user to avoid address collisions with existing NAT'd networks. SEE ALSO
bootpd(8), launchd(8), natd(8), named(8) Mac OS X Feburary 26, 2007 Mac OS X