Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For Loop with Strings as parameters Post 302077779 by kadishmj on Monday 26th of June 2006 10:37:58 AM
Old 06-26-2006
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I finally got it working:

Code:
OUTFILE=summary.out
a='Deadlocks detected'
b='Lock escalations'

for PARAM in "${a}" "${b}"
do

echo ${PARAM}

COUNT=1

while ((COUNT < 41))
   do
      INFILE=DB2Snapshot_${1}_${COUNT}.log
      /usr/bin/grep "${PARAM}" ${INFILE} >> ${OUTFILE}

((COUNT=COUNT+1))
   done
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:Comparing two Strings using If Loop

Hi All, Please help me out in this... I am new to scripting How to compare two strings by using the same string in single loop, I am using ksh for ex:see the code snippet below I am writing in java, Can u guys tell me that in scripting if ("string1"=="string2" ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameters in loop

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will read inputs form user and process those files, I have issue reading the input parameters in a loop. Following is the script... I run the script as ./Script.sh 3 table1 table 2 table3 NumberOfTables=$1 let TableCount=1 while do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop logic with multiple parameters

hi, unix wizards, i have a question about the logic of my inner for loop below. first, what i am trying to do is to write a script called create_account that automatically creates mysql accounts. the user can provide a user_name or a group_id as an argument (and the script can take multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash if loop for checking multiple parameters

Hello, I've got next problem: I want to examine at the beginning of a script in an if loop that: 1. Is there 4 parameters given 2. If first state is true then: is there switches -e and -d? 3. At the end, how can i indentify them as variebles regardlees to its order. I was thinking like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: szittyafergeteg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to loop over Directory and send Filesname as parameters

Hi there I'm new to UNIX scripting; I’m stuck with the following I have an Oracle SQL script that takes three parameters 1- File Name 2- File Path 3- File creation date Under UNIX I have a folder where files will be placed frequently and I need to upload those files to Oracle, what I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windjashi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings to integers in an arithmetic loop

Hi all, Could someone please advise what is the correct syntax for my little script to process a table of values? The table is as follows: 0.002432 20.827656 0.006432 23.120364 0.010432 25.914184 0.014432 20.442655 0.018432 20.015243 0.022432 21.579517 0.026432 18.886874... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to read parameters and stop

Hey guys, How do I make a loop that reads all the parameters en then stop when there are no parameters anymore ? Something that gives an output like this: ./Script.sh parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 parameter = parameter1 parameter = parameter2 parameter = parameter3 Thanks a lot,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miki1579
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate strings in a a for loop

hi guys, I have this question. I am creating an script to that read a text file(.ini) with the list of the patterns to find for example: EPMS_VO EMPS_PARTS Then it check if file have been delivered in a folder and process it with each pattern, but I am having problems concatenting the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danman
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use positional parameters in loop / while syntax in whiptail

I like to “optimize” / make more like a real program my bash script by replacing repetitious code which utilizes positional parameters. I am having two issues I cannot solve and would appreciate some assistance with resolving them. a) how to modify the whiptail checklist... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
3 Replies
Swatch::Threshold(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Swatch::Threshold(3pm)

NAME
Swatch::Threshold - Perl extension for thresholding in swatch(1) SYNOPSIS
use Swatch::Threshold; &Swatch::threshold( SWID => <int>, TYPE => <limit|threshold|both>, TRACK_BY => <key>, # like an IP addr COUNT => <int>, SECONDS => <int> ); SWATCH SYNTAX
threshold track_by=<key>, type=<limit|threshold|both>, count=<int>, seconds=<int> DESCRIPTION
SWID is swatch's internal ID number for the watchfor block TYPE can be limit, threshold, or both Limit - Alert on the 1st COUNT events during the time interval, then ignore events for the rest of the time interval. Threshold - Alert every COUNT times we see this event during the time interval. Both Alert once per time interval after seeing COUNT occurrences of the event, then ignore any additional events during the time interval. SECONDS is the time interval AUTHOR
E. Todd Atkins, todd.atkins@stanfordalumni.org SEE ALSO
perl(1), swatch(1). perl v5.10.0 2006-07-21 Swatch::Threshold(3pm)