Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For Loop with Strings as parameters Post 302077779 by kadishmj on Monday 26th of June 2006 10:37:58 AM
Old 06-26-2006
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I finally got it working:

Code:
OUTFILE=summary.out
a='Deadlocks detected'
b='Lock escalations'

for PARAM in "${a}" "${b}"
do

echo ${PARAM}

COUNT=1

while ((COUNT < 41))
   do
      INFILE=DB2Snapshot_${1}_${COUNT}.log
      /usr/bin/grep "${PARAM}" ${INFILE} >> ${OUTFILE}

((COUNT=COUNT+1))
   done
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:Comparing two Strings using If Loop

Hi All, Please help me out in this... I am new to scripting How to compare two strings by using the same string in single loop, I am using ksh for ex:see the code snippet below I am writing in java, Can u guys tell me that in scripting if ("string1"=="string2" ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameters in loop

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will read inputs form user and process those files, I have issue reading the input parameters in a loop. Following is the script... I run the script as ./Script.sh 3 table1 table 2 table3 NumberOfTables=$1 let TableCount=1 while do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop logic with multiple parameters

hi, unix wizards, i have a question about the logic of my inner for loop below. first, what i am trying to do is to write a script called create_account that automatically creates mysql accounts. the user can provide a user_name or a group_id as an argument (and the script can take multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash if loop for checking multiple parameters

Hello, I've got next problem: I want to examine at the beginning of a script in an if loop that: 1. Is there 4 parameters given 2. If first state is true then: is there switches -e and -d? 3. At the end, how can i indentify them as variebles regardlees to its order. I was thinking like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: szittyafergeteg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to loop over Directory and send Filesname as parameters

Hi there I'm new to UNIX scripting; I’m stuck with the following I have an Oracle SQL script that takes three parameters 1- File Name 2- File Path 3- File creation date Under UNIX I have a folder where files will be placed frequently and I need to upload those files to Oracle, what I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windjashi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings to integers in an arithmetic loop

Hi all, Could someone please advise what is the correct syntax for my little script to process a table of values? The table is as follows: 0.002432 20.827656 0.006432 23.120364 0.010432 25.914184 0.014432 20.442655 0.018432 20.015243 0.022432 21.579517 0.026432 18.886874... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to read parameters and stop

Hey guys, How do I make a loop that reads all the parameters en then stop when there are no parameters anymore ? Something that gives an output like this: ./Script.sh parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 parameter = parameter1 parameter = parameter2 parameter = parameter3 Thanks a lot,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miki1579
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate strings in a a for loop

hi guys, I have this question. I am creating an script to that read a text file(.ini) with the list of the patterns to find for example: EPMS_VO EMPS_PARTS Then it check if file have been delivered in a folder and process it with each pattern, but I am having problems concatenting the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danman
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use positional parameters in loop / while syntax in whiptail

I like to “optimize” / make more like a real program my bash script by replacing repetitious code which utilizes positional parameters. I am having two issues I cannot solve and would appreciate some assistance with resolving them. a) how to modify the whiptail checklist... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
3 Replies
WEBOOB-CLI(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WEBOOB-CLI(1)

NAME
weboob-cli - console application to call a specific Weboob method SYNOPSIS
weboob-cli [-dqv] [-b backends] [-cnfs] capability method [arguments..] weboob-cli [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Weboob-Cli is a console application to call a specific method on backends which implement the given capability. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -b BACKENDS, --backends=BACKENDS what backend(s) to enable (comma separated) LOGGING OPTIONS
-d, --debug display debug messages -q, --quiet display only error messages -v, --verbose display info messages --logging-file=LOGGING_FILE file to save logs -a, --save-responses save every response RESULTS OPTIONS
-c CONDITION, --condition=CONDITION filter result items to display given a boolean expression -n COUNT, --count=COUNT get a maximum number of results (all backends merged) -s SELECT, --select=SELECT select result item keys to display (comma separated) FORMATTING OPTIONS
-f FORMATTER, --formatter=FORMATTER select output formatter (csv, htmltable, multiline, simple, table, webkit) --no-header do not display header --no-keys do not display item keys -O OUTFILE, --outfile=OUTFILE file to export result COPYRIGHT
Copyright(C) 2010-2011 Romain Bignon For full COPYRIGHT see COPYING file with weboob package. FILES
"~/.config/weboob/backends" SEE ALSO
Home page: http://weboob.org/applications/weboob-cli weboob-cli 0.c 04 May 2012 WEBOOB-CLI(1)