Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp between 2 servers - invoked at 3rd server Post 302077770 by x96riley3 on Monday 26th of June 2006 10:22:27 AM
Old 06-26-2006
Your trying to go from server C with one command thru server A and get a file from B all at the same time. Why don't you just log in A with SSH. The do an scp from A to B and see if that works.

Also, It looks like your sshd_config file excepts keys or passwords so there shouldn't be any issue there.

-X

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to scp/sftp between two servers

I have four servers that for all intents and purposes are the same (I have the same profile on all four), North, South, Brooklyn & Queens. I have a script that scp's a file from Queens to brooklyn, and it runs just fine. I tried to replicate the script on South, to transfer a file to North, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scp between two servers

Is there a way to connect betwwen two servers A and B without using prompting for a password ..... I am writing a script which includes picking up files from and puts them to B. using mget .. To make the script fully automable I am looking for a passwordless authentication... Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP logfiles from one server to another server

Hi, I want to copy all the logs except current date logs from one server to another server every day, so i want to write a script for it and put it in crontab. Can anyone help how to write the script. Regards, Srini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivasvandana
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp a partition to another server

I am in the process of migrating a server to another machine. Without much thought, i just copied one partition to the other server using, simple scp in at job which ended up in mess. scp -r /mnt/sda6/* root@IP:/mnt/sda9/ At first sight, it seemed correct. So i did this, for all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thegeek
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp to same server

Suppose I am in server A . I have a file at one location in server A and I want to do scp of the file to same server A but to different location without asking password ( passwordless login to same server) .Pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp without password between two servers

Hello Folks, I have two linux server accounts server1 and server2 From the terminal if I say this command, scp /source/folder/from/server1/unix.txt user@server2.com:/destination/folder/ Then it prompts for the password user@server2.com's password: I enter my password and then it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate scp between servers

Hello, Could someone please help me with the below requirement? I need to automate scp files between two servers. I have a file having server names and paths to the folder like below server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server2 /path/to/folder/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scp File from root user in one server to say crt user in another server and avoid password?

Can someone help in writing some script through which I can transfer file (scp) from root user in abc server to crt user in hfg server and can give the crt user password in script itself so that it doesn't prompt me every time for password (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to scp file from one server to another, both server have different user name and

i want to scp file from one server to another. both server have different user name and it needs to give password to transfer file.how can we mention password in the script itself so that we need not mention password while running the script. Say from servers cpli with user abc and file path /opt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
7 Replies
SLIST(1)							       slist								  SLIST(1)

NAME
slist - Lists available NetWare Servers SYNOPSIS
slist [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
slist lists all NetWare Servers available in your network. If slist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the servers on your network by doing slist | wc -l OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only servers whose names match the specified pattern. For a server to be listed, the pattern must match the full server name. You can use wildcards for the pattern, but you must protect these wildcards from any command line expansion by quoting. Case doesn't matter. EXAMPLE
slist "I*" or slist "i*" List all available Netware servers on your Network, that begin with an "I". SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), nprint(1) CREDITS
slist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) BUGS
slist works only in IPX environment, as it uses SAP to find first server and then Bindery to get list of servers. slist 01/07/1996 SLIST(1)