Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scripting issues...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scripting issues... Post 302077758 by B14speedfreak on Monday 26th of June 2006 08:51:41 AM
Old 06-26-2006
Computer

Just literally long list a load of files so that I can get the file permissions, instead of doing an ls -l on the entire directory. Its for some audit thing... Anyhow we don't want to show every file under the directory hence the script...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting issues

hi, I am stuck in a shell script where in i need to extract the specific users from \etc\passwd file. Once this is done, i need to assign Roles to these users which are different for different users. What could be the optimum solution. If i hard code the Roles values in a text file, how would i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashutosh101
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting users issues...

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum community and need help with some scripts. I have attached what I have so far and these are scripts that have been passed on to me for a project that I have been assigned. To tell the truth I have never really worked with scripts and have no clue how these even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingzero89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with scripting users

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum community and need help with some scripts. First off let me put that this is “NOT” a homework assignment as I have been given this information where I work (IUPUI-UITS) and need help on this since I have no experience in this area. The only reason I am turning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingzero89
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Having issues finishing up a few scripting problems. A little help would be awesome

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 4. Recall that the env command provides a list of various environment variables available to you. Two of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megachuk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with awk scripting for HTML tags

Below is the data file(results) contents- 13450708,13470474,US,15 24954,24845,JPN,44 14258992,14365059,US,4 24954,24845,IND,44 I want to send above data sets to email in a tabular format. For that I am using below awk script. Now the challenge I am facing here is - I want to make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roseline
2 Replies
LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)						 1					      LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)

Locale::getDisplayScript - Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic string Locale::getDisplayScript (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string locale_get_display_script (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale. If is NULL then the default locale is used. PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to return a display script for o $in_locale - Optional format locale to use to display the script name RETURN VALUES
Display name of the script for the $locale in the format appropriate for $in_locale. EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_get_display_script(3) example <?php echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> The above example will output: Latin; latin; Lateinisch SEE ALSO
locale_get_display_name(3), locale_get_display_language(3), locale_get_display_region(3), locale_get_display_variant(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)