Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scripting issues...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scripting issues... Post 302077758 by B14speedfreak on Monday 26th of June 2006 08:51:41 AM
Old 06-26-2006
Computer

Just literally long list a load of files so that I can get the file permissions, instead of doing an ls -l on the entire directory. Its for some audit thing... Anyhow we don't want to show every file under the directory hence the script...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting issues

hi, I am stuck in a shell script where in i need to extract the specific users from \etc\passwd file. Once this is done, i need to assign Roles to these users which are different for different users. What could be the optimum solution. If i hard code the Roles values in a text file, how would i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashutosh101
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting users issues...

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum community and need help with some scripts. I have attached what I have so far and these are scripts that have been passed on to me for a project that I have been assigned. To tell the truth I have never really worked with scripts and have no clue how these even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingzero89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with scripting users

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum community and need help with some scripts. First off let me put that this is “NOT” a homework assignment as I have been given this information where I work (IUPUI-UITS) and need help on this since I have no experience in this area. The only reason I am turning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingzero89
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Having issues finishing up a few scripting problems. A little help would be awesome

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 4. Recall that the env command provides a list of various environment variables available to you. Two of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megachuk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with awk scripting for HTML tags

Below is the data file(results) contents- 13450708,13470474,US,15 24954,24845,JPN,44 14258992,14365059,US,4 24954,24845,IND,44 I want to send above data sets to email in a tabular format. For that I am using below awk script. Now the challenge I am facing here is - I want to make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roseline
2 Replies
audit(1M)                                                                                                                                audit(1M)

NAME
audit - control the behavior of the audit daemon SYNOPSIS
audit -n | -s | -t | -v [path] The audit command is the system administrator's interface to maintaining the audit trail. The audit daemon can be notified to read the con- tents of the audit_control(4) file and re-initialize the current audit directory to the first directory listed in the audit_control file or to open a new audit file in the current audit directory specified in the audit_control file, as last read by the audit daemon. Reading audit_control also causes the minfree and plugin configuration lines to be re-read and reset within auditd. The audit daemon can also be signaled to close the audit trail and disable auditing. -n Notify the audit daemon to close the current audit file and open a new audit file in the current audit directory. -s Notify the audit daemon to read the audit control file. The audit daemon stores the information internally. If the audit daemon is not running but audit has been enabled by means of bsmconv(1M), the audit daemon is started. -t Direct the audit daemon to close the current audit trail file, disable auditing, and die. Use -s to restart auditing. -v path Verify the syntax for the audit control file stored in path. The audit command displays an approval message or outputs specific error messages for each error found. The audit command will exit with 0 upon success and a positive integer upon failure. /etc/security/audit_user /etc/security/audit_control See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ bsmconv(1M), praudit(1M), audit(2), audit_control(4), audit_user(4), attributes(5) The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. The audit command does not modify a process's preselection mask. It functions are limited to the following: o affects which audit directories are used for audit data storage; o specifies the minimum free space setting; o resets the parameters supplied by means of the plugin directive. For the -s option, audit validates the audit_control syntax and displays an error message if a syntax error is found. If a syntax error message is displayed, the audit daemon does not re-read audit_control. Because audit_control is processed at boot time, the -v option is provided to allow syntax checking of an edited copy of audit_control. Using -v, audit exits with 0 if the syntax is correct; otherwise, it returns a positive integer. The -v option can be used in any zone, but the -t, -s, and -n options are valid only in local zones and, then, only if the perzone audit policy is set. See auditd(1M) and auditconfig(1M) for per-zone audit configuration. 25 May 2004 audit(1M)