Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg DB values
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Reg DB values Post 302077749 by mpkirankumar on Monday 26th of June 2006 07:56:26 AM
Old 06-26-2006
Reg DB values

Hi,

I would like to call my Data Base procedure through unix,
my procedure returns 4 values i.e. (4 out variables), how to assign 4 out variables to unix variables.

Ex:

xxat_safety_stock_main_p(
retcode => l_retcode
,errbuf => l_errbuf
,p_overwrite => l_overwrite
,p_disable => l_disable
,p_org_file => l_org_file
,p_fallout_file => l_fall_out_file
,p_path => l_outpath );

l_diable,l_org_file, l_fall_out_file, l_outpath variables are my out variables, I want to use the values returned by these variables into unix program .
thanx in advace.

Regards
Kiran Kumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg files

Dear all, One of our jobs retrieves data from tables and writes it to files. This job was running for around 15 minutes for the past 8 months. Now, this job is runnig for 45-50 minutes. I checked with the DBA's and found no issues with database. The time taken by to job to write to the file is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a help reg -d in shell

hi, I am using this to get previous month `date -d"1 month ago" "+%m"` But will it work for january?..will it return 12? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanathi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reg: MAILX

Hi all, I am trying to send a mail by using MAILX option to my YAHOO-Id. It is giving the following error. Can any one help me to find what is the problem? Do i need to get any kind of settings in my UNIX box for using MAILX? The bounce mail is as below: Message 1: From MAILER-DAEMON Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Reg: ZONES

HI Friends, What is the min. Requirement to install Solaris ZONEs, i am using INTEL PC at home and i allready installed Solaris 10 can i configure ZONES in it, and i want to know the basic information of ZONES. Thanks in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting - Reg.

Hi masters, I have one doubt, lets's say file1 has the following contents, 1 2.0 3.1 5.5 7 5.10 5.9 How to sort these contents to get the o/p like 1 2.0 3.1 5.5 5.9 5.10 7 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecearund
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expressions

Hi, I would like to grep for a string within a tag, can someone provide some assistance in how to do it? So I would like to use the grep command to find a string like: <tag>sometext<tag> because the sometext can be any number of characters or an type of number or lettering, what expression... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

REG Expression

Need your help in creating regular expression for particular set. let say I have given two dates 20130623 to 20140625. I need to create regular for the dates which fall in between above two dates. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
global(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 global(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
global - Access global variables SYNOPSIS
global varname ?varname ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command has no effect unless executed in the context of a proc body. If the global command is executed in the context of a proc body, it creates local variables linked to the corresponding global variables (though these linked variables, like those created by upvar, are not included in the list returned by info locals). If varname contains namespace qualifiers, the local variable's name is the unqualified name of the global variable, as determined by the namespace tail command. varname is always treated as the name of a variable, not an array element. An error is returned if the name looks like an array element, such as a(b). EXAMPLES
This procedure sets the namespace variable ::a::x proc reset {} { global a::x set x 0 } This procedure accumulates the strings passed to it in a global buffer, separated by newlines. It is useful for situations when you want to build a message piece-by-piece (as if with puts) but send that full message in a single piece (e.g. over a connection opened with socket or as part of a counted HTTP response). proc accum {string} { global accumulator append accumulator $string } SEE ALSO
namespace(n), upvar(n), variable(n) KEYWORDS
global, namespace, procedure, variable Tcl global(n)