Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: High Mem & Cpu Utilisation
Operating Systems Linux High Mem & Cpu Utilisation Post 302077666 by jaryer on Saturday 24th of June 2006 11:53:42 AM
Old 06-24-2006
oh,my god.

max_connections=2000
wait_timeout=30
and optimizing your programa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to know CPU utilisation

We have a Sun Sparc System which has multiple CPUs (4 Nos.). I need a command/program that can be used to monitor the % utilization per CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saood
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

What would cause high kernel/system utilisation

We have a VM running RedHat that seems to have very high system (kernel) utilisation compared to our physical servers running the same OS and workload that show normal system time utilisation. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azurty
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

bandwidth utilisation high after implementing firewall

hi, we have one unix server which sends multicast packets in the network, recently we have implemented firewall in between unix server and clients.After implementing firewall we found our lease line utilisation has been increased dramatically. Is this because of firewall or else...please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
2 Replies

4. AIX

CPU and memory utilisation by one process

Hi, We need to monitor one process over time to see at which exact point it starts to consume to much memory and CPU (to correlate this with some other events). I am a newbie in AIX, so please could you tell me which command will give a snapshot of the current state of a process so that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yallow
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel/ user space and high/ low mem

Need some clarification on this.... 1. how are kernel/ user spaces and high/low memory related? 2. What do they all mean when i have the kernel command line as: "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda2 rw mem=exactmap memmap=1M@0 memmap=96M@1M irqpoll" or 2. what do mem and memmap mean in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU Utilisation Report on Solaris 10

Hi all, I'm using Solaris 10 and have an occasional problem where a process that runs near to midnight each day, takes anywhere between 30 seconds and over two minutes to complete. I suspect that the CPU is highly utilised during the times where it takes a long time to complete, but I need a way... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding cpu utilisation

Hi , I need to find the average percentage of CPU utilisised by a particular process through a shell script. Suppose if a process is running for 6 hours i need to get average CPU utilised by it. Could you please assist me. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
0 Replies

8. Linux

Reason/components behind high memory utilisation on linux

Hi friends, Problem: High memory utilisation of one linux server, due to which a database crashed on the server. My question to all: How does glance calculate that memory utilisation on the linux server is 98%. I mean what components are part of (31.4gb-599mb)? How can i check that myself? Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU utilisation in AIX

Hi, I want to write one script that sent mail when CPU utilisation is more then 70%. i used topas but problem is it will show output only when we press ctrl +c. Please let me know if there is some other command that will give cpu utilisation which i can use in shell script. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranvijaidba
3 Replies

10. AIX

Overall cpu Utilisation

Hi, I need a command to check overall cpu utilisation TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies
UPTIME(1)							   User Commands							 UPTIME(1)

NAME
uptime - Tell how long the system has been running. SYNOPSIS
uptime [options] DESCRIPTION
uptime gives a one line display of the following information. The current time, how long the system has been running, how many users are currently logged on, and the system load averages for the past 1, 5, and 15 minutes. This is the same information contained in the header line displayed by w(1). System load averages is the average number of processes that are either in a runnable or uninterruptable state. A process in a runnable state is either using the CPU or waiting to use the CPU. A process in uninterruptable state is waiting for some I/O access, eg waiting for disk. The averages are taken over the three time intervals. Load averages are not normalized for the number of CPUs in a system, so a load average of 1 means a single CPU system is loaded all the time while on a 4 CPU system it means it was idle 75% of the time. OPTIONS
-p, --pretty show uptime in pretty format -h, --help display this help text -s, --since system up since, in yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS format -V, --version display version information and exit FILES
/var/run/utmp information about who is currently logged on /proc process information AUTHORS
uptime was written by Larry Greenfield <greenfie@gauss.rutgers.edu> and Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@sunsite.unc.edu> SEE ALSO
ps(1), top(1), utmp(5), w(1) REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng December 2012 UPTIME(1)