Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Shell script for getting Firefox Browser Version Post 302077586 by grial on Friday 23rd of June 2006 08:20:51 AM
Old 06-23-2006
Hi.
I think
Code:
rpm -q -a | grep -i firefox

would do the job...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command for finding out Firefox version

Hi I need a shell command for finding out Firefox browser verion on linux machine. Waiting for your reply. Thanks and Regards, Kammy. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjannu
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I see current browser requests? (Firefox on Ubuntu Linux)

I'm not sure if this is the right forum (if there's a better forum elsewhere, then I would be grateful for any pointers), but anyway: I am using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Ubuntu 7.10 for day-to-day graphical webbrowsing. I sometimes find that some websites take a long time to answer certain requests... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run shell script from browser

my shell script is to reset user menu: #!/bin/ksh echo "Type in login id: \c" read username if then echo "....." echo "You have not entered any INPUT value." echo "...Goodbye..." sleep 10 exit else echo $username rm -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

4. Web Development

Add HTML Based on Browser Width (Firefox)

Here is a bit of code I wrote that includes some HTML (table and image code) based on the width of the browser. It works in Firefox. I am not sure if it works for IE. (Need to test.) <script type="text/javascript"><!-- var winWidth = window.innerWidth; if (winWidth > 750) {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control browser from shell script

I have a browser running in a separate virtual terminal and would like to be able to send shortcut codes (e.g. ctrl+A) to the browser (and have it react) from a bash script in a separate virtual terminal. I need to keep the script in the separate virtual terminal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script from browser through php

Hi all, I want to execute a shell script in which I call ssh to execute a remote command. Everything works fine from command line but when I try to call from PHP (with exec or whatever function) it fails. After some time I came to the root cause: when www-data execute the ssh command it asks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Firefox version

Hello, I'm trying to find the version of Firefox that is on my server. Normally I do this. > firefox -version Mozilla Firefox 10.0.7 The issue is that this version of Firefox, is Firefox ESR 10.0.7. I need to be able to see, from the command line, the version of Firefox and if it is a ESR... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
8 Replies

8. AIX

Mozilla firefox browser is not working

Hello, We enabled X11 and xming is riunning. we used to open firefox window using below command on AIX. /usr/bin/firefox Xclock is working fine now. But for some reason firefox stopped working on one of our AIX LPAR. Can you please look in to below error. />/usr/bin/firefox... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
5 Replies
firefox(1)							   User Commands							firefox(1)

NAME
firefox - Firefox for Sun Java Desktop System SYNOPSIS
firefox [options ... ] [url] DESCRIPTION
Firefox is a free, open-source web browser based on the Mozilla codebase. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other browsers, such as the ability to block pop-up windows. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -height value Set the height of startup window to value. -h or -help Display the help message. -width value Set the width of startup window to value. -v or -version Display the version message. -P profile Start with the profile named: profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale locale Start with the UI Locale listed: locale. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. -jsconsole Open the JavaScript console. -browser Open a browser window. -setDefaultBrowser Set this app as the default browser. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Firefox example% firefox EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/firefox Executable for Firefox application $HOME/.mozilla/firefox User configuration files for Firefox ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfirefox | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
For more information about firefox, please refer to http://www.mozilla.org/firefox Refer to Help->Help Contents for more information. NOTES
Updated by Evan Yan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2008 firefox(1)