Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Determine which file is invoking process? Post 302077510 by Jerrad on Thursday 22nd of June 2006 07:05:33 PM
Old 06-22-2006
NM, I found the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to determine if a file is ASCII?

I'm writing a script that takes a filename as an argument, which determines the "file type" of the file. I want to know if there is any command I can use to determine if a file is ASCII type, thanks all for giving a help. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: popo
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for accessing a file in the network drive and invoking oracle sql loader

Hi, Please let me know if anybody is having a solution handy for the below tasks... It would be helpful if somebody can resolve my query. I am new to unix and oracle environment and looking for some online reference for completing a task. Task: Check if the network drive exists Check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayydevara
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine owner of a file

Hello, I am on a mission to determine the user of file. I have used the ls -l command but it displays permission, link, user, group, etc, but I just want to display just the name of user of a specified file. Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unibboy
4 Replies

4. AIX

How to determine what process is actively using my harddisk?

Hi, Is there any command that I can issue to check who is actively using my harddisk? I notice that yesterday the hdisk0 and hdisk1 is really actively being used and is reaching almost 100%. I realized that this is because of paging which is climbing up to 70%. However, just this morning... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

determine total memory used by some user/process

HI guys, :confused:i would like to know how can i determine the total/approx memory used by a single user. Example Top output is below =========================================================================== top - 20:00:50 up 24 days, 2:48, 2 users, load average: 0.43, 0.40, 0.37... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine BL and RL of a file

A regular ebcdic mainframe tape usually contains header information the 1st three blocks of the tape. The header information tells the computer/user more information about what is on tape. The header info is 240 bytes in length at 80 bytes each header. The 1st block/header is volume name or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linux-wannabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine amount of time to process

Hello all, Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction... I have a script written in bash which is pretty basic and just stop/starts various services based on particular conditions. What I am trying to build is a reporting type function which will send out an email with various stats... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: systrex
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine if there's a file in directory!

Hi All, I'm just wondering how can i determined if there's a file in directory and put it in a logs? dir="/home/test/" Please advise, Thanks, Use code tags, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine the completion of a background process to trigger something else?

I've been thinking about a peculiar problem, and so far haven't been able to find out a convincing solution to that. To put it simply, I have a shell script (assume it to be parent_script.sh), calling another shell script (child_script.sh) 5 times, in nohup mode to be executed in the background.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aviktheory11
3 Replies