Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount :Files on Linux..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mount :Files on Linux.. Post 302077305 by grial on Wednesday 21st of June 2006 05:19:44 AM
Old 06-21-2006
Perhaps it's because the system is trying to mount before network is available...

- You could write a script which mounts it and then configure it to start at boot time in the correct run level, after network is started...

- You could also use an automounter (autofs)...

Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount from unix(3.2. v5.0.5) to Linux rh8

mount -f NFS 128.1.80.1:/usr /mnt (: RPC: Program not registered) don't work :( please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoMaGo
1 Replies

3. Linux

Mount a harddrive in linux.

Hey people i'm very new to linux. I just put a extra 200 gig maxtor HD in my computer. Linux can tell it's there...but it says it cant mount it. How do i mount it manually? thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RKJV
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount Linux share onto Sco 5.0.6

I've got a Sco 5.0.6 box and an Ubuntu box on my network. i want to backup certain directories onto a share on the Ubuntu box. how do i mount a linux share onto the Sco box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sall
1 Replies

5. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to do a NFS mount from AIX to Linux?

How to do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Mount

Hi everyone, I am new to Linux and I hope to have some advise. Suppose I have 2 differnt users who require differnt mount drives. When user1 logs in, his required drives are mounted. When user2 logs in, user1's drives are unmounted and user2's drives are mounted. May I know how I can achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viper81
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount linux to Solaris

Hi Friends, I am trying following command on my solaris box: mount abchostlinux12:/data1/mount_dir /data/mount_dir OUTPUT: nfs mount: abchostlinux12: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Success nfs mount: retrying: /data/mount_dir After this there is no response on command line. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBatra
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Mount problem with Linux

Hello, I want to mount a directory with nfs (v3). Server HP-UX 10.20 Client Centos If I export the path "/tausch" with access control for hosts with the command mount -t nfs <SERVER_HP-UX_IP>:/tausch/ /mnt/mnt_bach2/ /etc/exports: /tausch ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuts
8 Replies
AUTOFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AUTOFS(8)

NAME
/etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|restart|reload|status DESCRIPTION
autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot time with the start parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The autofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administra- tor to shut down, restart or reload the automounters. OPERATION
autofs will consult a configuration file /etc/auto.master (see auto.master(5)) by default to find mount points on the system. For each of those mount points automount(8) will mount and start a thread, with the appropriate parameters, to manage the mount point. /etc/init.d/autofs reload will check the current auto.master map against running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries. If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately. If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun to activate the changes. /etc/init.d/autofs status will display the status of, automount(8), running or not. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5). autofs_ldap_auth.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com>. 9 Sep 1997 AUTOFS(8)