Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount :Files on Linux..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mount :Files on Linux.. Post 302077268 by kjannu on Wednesday 21st of June 2006 02:58:01 AM
Old 06-21-2006
Bug Mount :Files on Linux..

Hi,

I am facing problem during mount sharing. I am using two machines Suse and Red Hat. Trying to share a data on suse machine from Red Hat by using mount command.

The problem is that after rebooting mount won't work. How to solve this problem.

What i did?
1. create a folder on Suse (data)
2. Assign all permissions
3. create a folder on Red Hat (share)
4. mount Red Hat Ip:/data/share

After rebooting it won't work..

Waiting for your response.

Kammy..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount from unix(3.2. v5.0.5) to Linux rh8

mount -f NFS 128.1.80.1:/usr /mnt (: RPC: Program not registered) don't work :( please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoMaGo
1 Replies

3. Linux

Mount a harddrive in linux.

Hey people i'm very new to linux. I just put a extra 200 gig maxtor HD in my computer. Linux can tell it's there...but it says it cant mount it. How do i mount it manually? thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RKJV
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount Linux share onto Sco 5.0.6

I've got a Sco 5.0.6 box and an Ubuntu box on my network. i want to backup certain directories onto a share on the Ubuntu box. how do i mount a linux share onto the Sco box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sall
1 Replies

5. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to do a NFS mount from AIX to Linux?

How to do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Mount

Hi everyone, I am new to Linux and I hope to have some advise. Suppose I have 2 differnt users who require differnt mount drives. When user1 logs in, his required drives are mounted. When user2 logs in, user1's drives are unmounted and user2's drives are mounted. May I know how I can achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viper81
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount linux to Solaris

Hi Friends, I am trying following command on my solaris box: mount abchostlinux12:/data1/mount_dir /data/mount_dir OUTPUT: nfs mount: abchostlinux12: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Success nfs mount: retrying: /data/mount_dir After this there is no response on command line. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBatra
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Mount problem with Linux

Hello, I want to mount a directory with nfs (v3). Server HP-UX 10.20 Client Centos If I export the path "/tausch" with access control for hosts with the command mount -t nfs <SERVER_HP-UX_IP>:/tausch/ /mnt/mnt_bach2/ /etc/exports: /tausch ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuts
8 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)