Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to copy a file according to the date Post 302077258 by Nayanajith on Wednesday 21st of June 2006 12:51:56 AM
Old 06-21-2006
How to copy a file according to the date

Hi,

I want to copy a some files according to the date.

lets say i want to copy file from june1st to june14th.

What is the command for that ?

Thanks,
Nayanajith.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp copy: preserve source file date stamp

Is there any way to preserve a file's create/mod date stamp when it is "put" via ftp (or even using Fetch) to a Win2K server and a SunOS 5.8 server? For example, if I copy a file with a create/mod date of "01/15/2005 3:36 PM" to my Win2K or SunOS ftp server, the date stamp will change to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassj
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

copy files with date

Hi, I have a coupel of files in /tmp which I have to copy to /var. But I want their name to be same as the source with date suffix. But the problem is I don;t know the prefix of the file, I only know the suffix of file. AAA.997 ABC.997 ADC.997 The later part 997 is constant but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file with name as date??

Hi I want to copy a file but append the date and time....how? So copying the file file1.txt will have file1_20061009_0950.txt I know the command : date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M" but how do i get this in the file name ? cp file1.txt newDirectory/file1_?????????.txt Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris_ie
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy/rename file as date() unix/shell

File.jpg I want to copy and rename this as 2008-12-02.jpg I tried this copy File.jpg date '%y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S'.jpg This doesnt work.... what do i do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hdogg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep date with copy command

how can i copy only those files with creation date less then 24 hours. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy log based on from-date and to-date

Hi all, i go a customer support requirement where i need to scan several files based on from/to date like 1-oct to 2-oct please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhiJ
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Copy based on file receive date

I have bunch of files in my source folder like below and every day based on date I am receiving file ex: Nov 28,Nov 29,Nov 30 ... -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 27 06:00 aaaa27.txt -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 28 06:00 aaaa28.txt -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 29 06:00 aaaa29.txt I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
virt-copy-out(1)					      Virtualization Support						  virt-copy-out(1)

NAME
virt-copy-out - Copy files and directories out of a virtual machine disk image. SYNOPSIS
virt-copy-out -a disk.img /file|dir [/file|dir ...] localdir virt-copy-out -d domain /file|dir [/file|dir ...] localdir DESCRIPTION
"virt-copy-out" copies files and directories out of a virtual machine disk image or named libvirt domain. You can give one of more filenames and directories on the command line. Directories are copied out recursively. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a virtual machine: mkdir homes virt-copy-out -d MyGuest /home homes JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "copy-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), virt-tar-out(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-copy-out(1)