Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: run a shell script with echo
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users run a shell script with echo Post 302077244 by keerthi on Tuesday 20th of June 2006 07:08:37 PM
Old 06-20-2006
I checked the permissions and its ok. I also directed to a log file that shows the same output it show when it is running at the prompt.
I am calling a script as follows:

Script1 date1 date2 Y | at 20:00

I call the above line with in another script ( say Script2) and I schedule Script2 in cron. When I run the above line at the prompt, it works, But if I run in cron it shows in the log that its scheduled to run , but doesn't run.
Please help me.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Run a shell script from Perl script in Parent shell?

Hi Perl/UNIX experts, I have a problem in running a shell script from my perl script (auto.pl). I run the perl script using perl auto.pl from the shell prompt The shell script picks the files in "input" folder and procesess it. The shell script blue.sh has this code. export... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hifake
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to make a shell script run for ffmpeg vhook watermaking in shell

i have a small problem getting a batxh shell script to run in shell this is the code the problem seems to be centered around the ffmpeg command, something maybe to do with the ' ' wrapping around the vhook part command this is a strange problem , if i take the ffmpeg command and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, echo doesn't work

#!/bin/sh something(){ echo "Inside something" echo $1 $2 } val=$(something "Hello " "world") Output expected: Inside somethingHello world But it's not echoing. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo prints nothing-shell script

could anyone tell me why when i execute the following script, echo returns blank set k = 1 echo $k (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve extented ascii character when run echo comand inside bash script

Hi everyone, I'm echo some text with extended ascii characters as below: echo -e "Pr\xE9sentation du spectacle" > output or echo -e "Présentation du spectacle" > outputIf I open the file created I see this text Présentation du spectacleThe text is shown correctly in this created file when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script if $2 is greater than 10 then echo $1

Hi, I have a file output.txt 3258 14 32647 10 32649 10 32650 10 32651 10 32652 10 32653 10 32654 10 32655 10 32656 10 32515 09 32478 08 32555 08 35888 08 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_spl
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo output of a UNIX command (like ls -l ) using shell script.?

How do i echo the output of a unix command using shell script??? Like: echo /etc/ ls -l (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny2802
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)