Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: spped of interface for SUN
Operating Systems Solaris spped of interface for SUN Post 302077208 by mhm4 on Tuesday 20th of June 2006 11:59:10 AM
Old 06-20-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamay
Ola,

i need some1 tell me what command to chech speed of interface for SUN box to chech speed neogoitaion. (full/half duplex) Smilie

thanks

/usr/sbin/ndd -get /dev/hme ? (Will list attributes you can check)
replace "?" with the attribute name

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interface on Sun Blade 1500

Hi, I am attempting to configure my ethernet interface on a Sun Blade 1500. I am testing out my network interface my connecting a crossover cable from my blade to a windows box. I would like to assign an ip address of 10.0.0.2 to "bge0" and netmask of "255.0.0.0". I have typed the following: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annointed3
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
TXP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device txp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_txp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex HARDWARE
The txp driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3cR990B-TXM o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 o 3Com 3cR990B-SRV SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), miibus(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 2.9. BSD
January 26, 2012 BSD