Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clean file in single action
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Clean file in single action Post 302077119 by steweston on Monday 19th of June 2006 05:34:12 PM
Old 06-19-2006
Have you thought about:

grep -v -w NONE 12345.dst |sort -u

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and clean in a single rule in the makefile.

Hi, This stems from the following thread https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18299 I have a makefile which makes either executables or a shared library. i.e. make -f unix.mak will create the executables and make -f unix.mak libolsv will create the shared library. Since these have to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean Text File

HI, I have a file which comes from crystal reports in the below format. I need to clean the file so that i will only have the columns(deptid,empid,ename,sal) and the data below the column names. There is a bug in the repoting tool( we only see page1-1 for every department).The rundate change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean File

BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A02991 - Burnham 0002000 5,829,773 145.3 0009701 4,043,850 267.3 2005000 286,785.13 100.0 BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A01239 - East Track PSE Index A 0009902 317,356.82 890.2 0020021 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clean directories by reading from file

I have a file in following format directory1=/out/log purgedays1=4 extn1=log,out,txt directory2=/clean/log purgedays2=4 extn2=log,out now i need need to create a script that reads this file and cleans all the files with the given extn from the given directory. The catch here is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to clean up file system

Hi, Has anyone ever encountered the following scenario: I am working on a SUN server with solaris 10 installed and veritas managing the filesystem. One of the file systems has become full: df -kh /ossrc/dbdumps Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeidel
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to clean up file systems

As you will verify, I am a really naive user of AIX 5.1. As such I wonder if you could possibly let me know of a command or procedure I could use to automatically, globally and safely, remove all useless files from my machine. I'm not referring to my own files because I perfectly know which of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjchr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take action if a particular file appears in a directory

This is my task - pls help Write a script that will run every 5 min and check if a particular file has appeared in a particular directory. Once it appears then rename the file and move it a bkp directory and run another script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening file and executing an action

I want the script to read the directory I am running the script from and print the contents of any file that has GX in it's title. This is the code needed. But how do I combine it? #!/usr/bin/perl opendir(CURRENT,"."); @list = readdir(CURRENT); closedir(CURRENT); foreach $item (@list){... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DemonixX
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take action only if a file is X hours (or seconds) old

shell: #!/bin/ash I searched and found a few relevant posts (here and here - both by porter, on the same day (?)) however both are just a do while loop, I need to check a file date and compare it to the current time. I would like it to say if file 'test' is more than 12 hours old than "right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phdeez
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare file name and take action

Have some files in /tmp/dir abc.zip 123.zip 345.zip and if name matches to 345.zip then take action My code.... am i doing something wrong ? Please advise. #!/bin/bash set -x cd /tmp/dir for i in *.* do if ] then (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)