Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp user
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp user Post 302077084 by tontal on Monday 19th of June 2006 09:59:28 AM
Old 06-19-2006
ftp user

How to create an FTP user with password????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP user

In my system , the user can use ftp to access the system , how to restrict the user can only access a specific path eg . user's home directory & /tmp ? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

2. AIX

FTP user

Hello When i connect with anonymous login to Aix server, I can not to put or get file with this login. How can I modify it to put file on the server ? I think that it is with genftp.allow but I'm not sure (there is not the anonymous login in the genftp.allow file). thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. Solaris

FTP user

Dear all, i need to create FTP user with limited permissions: this user is only allowed to ftp from a certain directory, and he cant view or list any other file or directory, i want the him to be denied even from cd / .. he cant list root or any other directory , only the directory he is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp and user/password

I know the typical way to script automate an ftp session is to pass all of the commands to ftp, with something 'like' the following: echo USER $user echo PASS $pass My question concerns other methods or tricks people have used so that the username and ESPECIALLY the password are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

FTP User

UNIX Xperts, Is there a way i can find out who is currently ftping into my server? The problem I am facing is that there is currently a ftp process running which is trying to login using the wrong password. And this is causing me to constantly have to reset the password /enable the account by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simshark
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

user is not able to FTP to system.

Helo, I have created one group called RBAC.(roll back access control) Now when I created user of RBAC its entry in /etc/passwd file is given below: roleadm:x:120:109:RBAC User:/home/pds_RBAC:/bin/false I have keep at the end /bin/false because I dont want to give direct login to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rights to FTP user

hi i want create a user to ftp (get) files from the 2nd machine. but i want to give specific rights to that user that he can't access only specific files and directories. please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ftp user

Hello everybody, In Solaris 10, how I can create an user with only access ftp to directory specify ? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP User

Dear Unix geeks, I am shocked and upset that I couldn't solve the below issue. One ftpuser was using his account for years to get data from server but reported an error today. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.4) Name (10.130.9.71:root): rbiftp 331 Please specify the password. Password: 500 OOPS: cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to allow certain user to use FTP?

Hello AIXians, I created a user 'test' its home directory is: /home/ari/test I tried to login by ftp using this account, but it failed! The FTP service is enabled, and the user 'test' is not added to the /etc/ftpusers file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies
Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::FTP - Simple FTP authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::FTP; my $ftp = Authen::Simple::FTP->new( host => 'ftp.company.com' ); if ( $ftp->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::FTP PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleFTP_host "ftp.company.com" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::FTP AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against a FTP service. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * host Connection host, can be a hostname or IP number. Defaults to "localhost". host => 'ftp.company.com' host => '10.0.0.1' * port Connection port, default to 21. port => 21 * timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 60. timeout => 60 * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::FTP') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Net::FTP. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-01 Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)