Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unixbench!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unixbench!!! Post 302077083 by juliano.potrich on Monday 19th of June 2006 09:56:24 AM
Old 06-19-2006
Unixbench!!!

Please, if somebody can help me to understand the results of unixbench.

I have read some information about benchmarking but i cant find a explanation about these results.

Dhrystone 2 using register variables
Double-Precision Whetstone
System Call Overhead
Pipe Throughput
Pipe-based Context Switching
Process Creation
Execl Throughput
File Read 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks
File Write 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks
File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks
File Read 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks
File Write 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks
File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks
File Read 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks
File Write 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks
File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks
Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)
Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)
Shell Scripts (16 concurrent)
Arithmetic Test (type = short)
Arithmetic Test (type = int)
Arithmetic Test (type = long)
Arithmetic Test (type = float)
Arithmetic Test (type = double)
Arithoh
C Compiler Throughput
Dc: sqrt(2) to 99 decimal places
Recursion Test--Tower of Hanoi
select()

-- what this lines does?
-- what that means?

THANKS!!!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help With Unixbench

Please, if somebody can help me to understand the results of unixbench. I have read some information about benchmarking but i cant find a explanation about these results. I'm new at linux, and my first work is understand and report what i get from this "microbenchmarking" program. THANKS A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: midagama
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with removing old version of UnixBench

Hello everyone, I am by no means good at using the shell. I only know enough stuff to be very dangerous to myself and others lol. Basically, I have UnixBench installed on my VPS server, but I have both 4.x and 5.x installed. I would like to remove the 4.x version from my server. How can I do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: griffinjt
2 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

How to read the data from SysBench And UNIXBench when testing VPS?

i want to test several linux VPS using bench mark tools as i read there are 2 industry standard tools called unixBench and SysBench I compiled them and executed them on the VPS And i have results : SysBench:( 4 CPU) ./sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=20000 --num-threads=4 run The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-PUT(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     ECACCESS-FILE-PUT(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-put - Upload a File on the ECaccess File System SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-put -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-put [-debug] [-progress] [-umask mode] [-offset number] [-bufsize length] source-local-file [target-ecaccess-file] DESCRIPTION
Allow uploading source-local-file on the ECaccess File System. If no target-ecaccess-file is specified then the source-local-file name is used. The target-ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-local-file The name of the source Local File. target-ecaccess-file (optional) The name of the target ECaccess File. OPTIONS
-progress Provide a progress meter on the standard terminal, allowing to monitor the file transmission in real-time. The progress bar is removed from the terminal when the transmission is done. This option is not supported and ignored on Windows platforms. -umask mode The user file-creation mode mask (umask) is used to determine the file permission for newly created files. The default value is 640. -offset number Every open file has an associated file offset, which determines where the next read operation will start. This number is set to 0 by default. -bufsize length Specify the length of the buffer (in bytes) which is used to upload the file. The larger the buffer the smaller the number of http/s requests. By default a buffer of 10485760 bytes(10MB) is used. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-put $HOME/bin/a.out Upload the local $HOME/bin/a.out File in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user. The Target File Name is a.out. ecaccess-file-put $HOME/bin/a.out c1a:/tmp/a2.out Upload the local $HOME/bin/a.out File in the tmp directory of c1a. The Target File Name is a2.out. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-PUT(1p)