Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to export the Display variable Post 302077071 by reborg on Monday 19th of June 2006 09:07:19 AM
Old 06-19-2006
You're ksh/bash syntax with bourne shell; you need to separate declaration and export...

DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export DISPLAY and XPM´s

Hi! I´ve an application that runs in a Digital Tru64, exporting display to a Linux host. That application blinks a icon (in XPM mode) when the severity mode changes. When I put a backdrop(XPM, too) in that screen, the icons blink slowly. When I remove it, they turn to blink quickly. I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selina
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

do a export DISPLAY

hello to begin i sorry for my english because i'am french so: someone can explain me to do a export DIPLAY with a web page (php) i have test the php function exec (myscriptshell.sh) but he can't do the export diplay. if someone have a solution . bye (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_nul
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export display of directories of remote machine

hi I wanted to export the display of all directories of home with their respective subdirectories and files if any on my local pc. this home directory is of some remote machine . using ssh remote login and then using struct direct i can just gate name list of directories . but not the display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Cant export display from aix to solaris.

Hi Frnds, i face a peculiar issue. I am managing 200 Aix workstations and 20 sun boxes. I am not anle to export the display from aix workstations to sun box, But vice versa it is working fine. But if i try to export the display to a sun box from other sun box it works perfectly. Could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Export Display Through Telnet & Xming

HI, HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/785 (ta) I am trying to export a display using Xming & and Telnet (not SSH) but when I try.. $ DISPLAY=192.168.1.75:0.0 $ export DISPLAY $ xclock and get.. Xlib: connection to "192.168.1.75:0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauly
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

export display

hello frnds, I want to export display of othe terminal to my terminal and want to post a msg, which should visible at other terminal, I tried myself, but couldnt get it plz help me to get solution (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant.pathade
1 Replies

8. Solaris

export DISPLAY

rsh to host2 from host1 and from host2 rsh into host3 Is it possible to display a GUI from host3 through host2 and onto host1? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddiet
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if export DISPLAY is set or not?

Hi All, I use "export DISPLAY=same_host:0.0" to set my export DISPLAY and it is working fine for me.. Problem here is I have developed a script for which i should run export DISPLAY prior to running my script.... so my script should check whether export DISPLAY is set or not.. if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies
VDETAPLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETAPLIB(1)

NAME
vdetaplib - Virtual Distributed Ethernet tap emulation library SYNOPSIS
No synopsis DESCRIPTION
vdetaplib is a library that emulates tap (tuntap level2 interface, see in kernel sources Documentation/networking/tun.c) and connects tap virtual interfaces to vde networks. To use it, the libvdetab.so library must be preloaded (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so (csh, tchs syntax): setenv LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so If you want to divert all tap requests to a single vde_switch set the variable VDEALLTAP to the vde socket. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export VDEALLTAP=/tmp/vde.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv VDEALLTAP /tmp/vde.ctl It is possible to set each single interface to different vde_switches by setting the environment variable with the same name of the inter- face. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0=/tmp/vde.ctl export tap1=/tmp/myvde.ctl export ppc=/tmp/ppc.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv tap0 /tmp/vde.ctl setenv tap1 /tmp/myvde.ctl setenv ppc /tmp/ppc.ctl It is also possible to specify port, group or mode for a given interface setting environment variables as in the following example. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0_port=5 export tap0_group=vde-net export tap0_mode=0660 (csh, tchs, syntax): setenv tap0_port 5 setenv tap0_group vde-net setenv tap0_mode 0660 The variable to set the specific interface is checked first then VDEALLTAP. VDEALLTAP thus works as a default choice for the vde switch to be used. If VDEALLTAP is not set and there is no specific environment variable (and for tun -- IFF_TUN interfaces) the kernel provided interface is used. In this latter case access to /dev/net/tun is required, generally root access. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vdeq(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet December 6, 2006 VDETAPLIB(1)