Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help me ...problem in reading a file Post 302077059 by vino on Monday 19th of June 2006 06:18:08 AM
Old 06-19-2006
Code:
#! /bin/ksh
set -f
while read line
do
echo $line
done

Look into man ksh for the -f option under set. Or look for noglob.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

problem in reading file using fread

Hi All, These are the two ways i tried to read file but i getting work with second one not with the first. char buf; // Defining space for buf ctrlfnum = fopen(filename_arr.control_fname,"r"); 1) n = fread(buf,sizeof(buf),1,ctrlfnum); ============== (not works) 2) n =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File reading problem via shell script

Hi, Data file named parameter contains : DB=y Alter_def.sql Create_abc.sql SQL=y database.sql my_data.sql To read this file I use var_sql=$(awk -F= '$1 == "SQL" { print $2 }' parameter.txt) if then sql_f_name=`grep "\.sql" parameter.txt` echo $sql_f_name fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in reading a file

i need to read record by record i use script #!/bin/ksh for i in 'cat filename' do echo $1 done but i dont get expected result i just get filename echoed on screen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Intermittent problem reading from an input file.

First of all thanks to all for the good post, and the great site. I'm a noob, but I've been able to learna a lot by checking past posts. I haven't been able to make sense of a problem that I've been working on for a while, hopefully someone can help me out. The script I wrote telnets into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wallygooo32
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in reading a record from the file

Hi Guys, I need to check whether the last column is RP, If so, then i have to second column and pass it to a select statement as sonid and fetch the value to a variable and run it. This has to be done till the last column is RW. value Fatherid sonid topid ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with reading from a properties file

Hi, i have a properties file a.prop where entry is like PROCESS_IDX=0 Now in my shell schript i am doing like this. #!/bin/sh . a.prop .............. -....................... while read line do # tokenize the string by ",". var=(`echo $line | tr ',' ' '`) echo $PROCESS_IDX -->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading a file content

Hi, I am reading a file line by line using read line function of while loop. Each line contains 4 fields. I want to take these 4 values in 4 variables in each iteration so that i can use them in my script. The issue here is that my awk command is returning awkward results - Here is a sample line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garman
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading a file

Hi Guys, I am having a file which does not have any name when i do a ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 dctrdat1 dctrdata 35 Feb 09 08:04 -rw-r--r-- 1 dctrdat1 dctrdata 11961 Feb 08 06:40 DAI_data.txt Now i want to see what is inside that file. Can you please let me know how to read... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading file (bash)

i get a name from user first name : last name, in this format. Now i am saving this to a file. what i want is, I do not want to save any name if I already have one entry o that same name..what should i do for example user give robert fernandez this will save in file as robert:fernandez. if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem reading file in while/read loop

I know I should be able to see a way of doing this easily, but my brain just won't engage. I have a script working on an embedded device that checks to see if an item is in a blacklist before performing some actions. At the moment the code reads thus.... while read BLACKLIST ; do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
7 Replies
tclsh(1)							 Tcl Applications							  tclsh(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tclsh - Simple shell containing Tcl interpreter SYNOPSIS
tclsh ?fileName arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tclsh is a shell-like application that reads Tcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. If invoked with no arguments then it runs interactively, reading Tcl commands from standard input and printing command results and error messages to standard output. It runs until the exit command is invoked or until it reaches end-of-file on its standard input. If there exists a file .tclshrc (or tclshrc.tcl on the Windows platforms) in the home directory of the user, tclsh evaluates the file as a Tcl script just before reading the first command from standard input. SCRIPT FILES
If tclsh is invoked with arguments then the first argument is the name of a script file and any additional arguments are made available to the script as variables (see below). Instead of reading commands from standard input tclsh will read Tcl commands from the named file; tclsh will exit when it reaches the end of the file. There is no automatic evaluation of .tclshrc in this case, but the script file can always source it if desired. If you create a Tcl script in a file whose first line is #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh then you can invoke the script file directly from your shell if you mark the file as executable. This assumes that tclsh has been installed in the default location in /usr/local/bin; if it's installed somewhere else then you'll have to modify the above line to match. Many UNIX systems do not allow the #! line to exceed about 30 characters in length, so be sure that the tclsh executable can be accessed with a short file name. An even better approach is to start your script files with the following three lines: #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using tclsh exec tclsh "$0" "$@" This approach has three advantages over the approach in the previous paragraph. First, the location of the tclsh binary doesn't have to be hard-wired into the script: it can be anywhere in your shell search path. Second, it gets around the 30-character file name limit in the previous approach. Third, this approach will work even if tclsh is itself a shell script (this is done on some systems in order to handle multiple architectures or operating systems: the tclsh script selects one of several binaries to run). The three lines cause both sh and tclsh to process the script, but the exec is only executed by sh. sh processes the script first; it treats the second line as a comment and executes the third line. The exec statement cause the shell to stop processing and instead to start up tclsh to reprocess the entire script. When tclsh starts up, it treats all three lines as comments, since the backslash at the end of the second line causes the third line to be treated as part of the comment on the second line. You should note that it is also common practise to install tclsh with its version number as part of the name. This has the advantage of | allowing multiple versions of Tcl to exist on the same system at once, but also the disadvantage of making it harder to write scripts that | start up uniformly across different versions of Tcl. VARIABLES
Tclsh sets the following Tcl variables: argc Contains a count of the number of arg arguments (0 if none), not including the name of the script file. argv Contains a Tcl list whose elements are the arg arguments, in order, or an empty string if there are no arg arguments. argv0 Contains fileName if it was specified. Otherwise, contains the name by which tclsh was invoked. tcl_interactive Contains 1 if tclsh is running interactively (no fileName was specified and standard input is a terminal-like device), 0 otherwise. PROMPTS
When tclsh is invoked interactively it normally prompts for each command with ``% ''. You can change the prompt by setting the variables tcl_prompt1 and tcl_prompt2. If variable tcl_prompt1 exists then it must consist of a Tcl script to output a prompt; instead of out- putting a prompt tclsh will evaluate the script in tcl_prompt1. The variable tcl_prompt2 is used in a similar way when a newline is typed but the current command isn't yet complete; if tcl_prompt2 isn't set then no prompt is output for incomplete commands. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell Tcl tclsh(1)