Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: forking a new process
Top Forums Programming forking a new process Post 302077027 by blowtorch on Sunday 18th of June 2006 10:49:02 PM
Old 06-18-2006
Well, you can use execl, but in that case, you cannot use the $JAVAHOME env variable. You need to get the value from the env using something like getenv() and create the complete path.

The fork-exec part of the code can look like this (assuming that the path to the java command is /usr/jre/bin):
Code:
pid=fork();
if(pid==-1) {
   perror("error in fork!");
}
if(!pid) { /*child process - execute the java command*/
   execl("/usr/jre/bin/java","java","-cp","/opt/mv36/em/SMD/data/jct_005/SMD_LCT.jar:/opt/mv36/em/SMD/data/jct_005/jh.jar:/nms/JamToolsTest/jct/MV36CoreProxyNOP.1.1.jar","com.marcx.lct.sma11d.sma11d_lct_applet","-mv36","1","-host","19.3.11.13","-port","20020","-inifile","/opt/mv36/em/SMD/data/jct_005/","-lang","1","-laf","0","-msgset","5","-emaccess","3","-command","221",(char*)0)
}
else { /*in parent process - wait for child to exit*/
   wait();
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forking

When I compile this C programme I get different outputs each time I run it Please explain to me whats happening in the code if you can give me a detailed explanation with the schedular functionality it will help a lot. Because I am stuck with this. #include <stdio.h> main(){... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjuWicky
3 Replies

2. Programming

forking process.

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int main() { pid_t pID; int i; for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) { pID = fork (); if (pID == 0) { printf ("Value of i --> %d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymthasneem
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VERY confused about forking of child process

hi, I thought that when a child shell is forked, it will inherit all the variables of the parent now in my .cshrc I have setenv X x then I do at command line setenv X y and X is now y. So far so good! I then have a very simple script, y.csh #!/usr/bin/csh echo X (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing the forking process.

Hey, first time poster and a new UNIX user here. My question is regarding the forking process. I logged in to tty1, and typed the command ls -1 and hit enter. How can i tell that the ls -1 command ran in a subshell? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vitamin254
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forking with Tclsh vs Wish

Hello, I am new to this site, so sorry ahead of time if this is not the right place for this question.......anywhooooo I am having troubles with forking new processes in wish. Take the following code example: **************************** package require Tclx puts "TCL VER: " proc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pghamami
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forking a new process without parent dependance

hi, I want my program to fork a new process and then I want to kill the parent process. The parent program before dying will issue a SIGTERM to all its childs. Which eventually kills all Children. I cant handle the SIGTERM at the child level.:( What I was thinking of was the Parent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyler_durden
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forking a bunch of processes and filling up the process table

I have a bash script that has been used for months here at work for doing an SSH into other machines both Linux and Solaris and running a script on the remote machine. Recently I have started to noticed that things are being left being on the maching doing the SSH. For example.... tivoli ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
1 Replies

8. Programming

Parent forking

My question is, how do you fork only the parent processes in unix? For example how would I use the fork function to fork the parent process more than once and leave the children processes alone. This way I do not have children of children. The way I have it set up now it the parent process forks 3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TWhitt24
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

forking a child process and kill its parent to show that child process has init() as its parent

Hi everyone i am very new to linux , working on bash shell. I am trying to solve the given problem 1. Create a process and then create children using fork 2. Check the Status of the application for successful running. 3. Kill all the process(threads) except parent and first child... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vizz_k
2 Replies

10. Programming

need help in forking

I have an input file with contents like: 5785690|68690|898809 7960789|89709|789789 7669900|87865|659708 7869098|65769|347658 so on.. I need to pass this file to 10 parallely running processes (forking)so that each line is processed by a process and no line is processed twice and write the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies
JH_MANIFEST(1)							    Javahelper							    JH_MANIFEST(1)

NAME
jh_manifest - Adds or/and modifies manifests for jars SYNOPSIS
jh_manifest [debhelperoptions] [options] jar1 ... jarN jh_manifest [debhelperoptions] [options] DESCRIPTION
Javahelper tool to add or update manifests in a jar file. It can be used in two modes. If passed jar files, it will only process these jar files. Otherwise it will update all jar files in the packages it acts on. When processing a package, the debhelper(7) exclude option will make jh_manifest ignore matching jar files. FILES
debian/package.manifest (or debian/manifest) This file consist of a list of jar files and values to add to their manifests. Values in this file will take precedence over values in the original manifest (and command line arguments over values in this file). It is allowed to list a link in this file instead of an actual jar file, provided that the link can be resolved when jh_manifest processes it. If a jar file is listed here cannot be found, jh_manifest will print a warning, unless the jar file has been excluded. As of javahelper >= 0.32, you may add comments in this file. If the line starts with a "#" it is completely ignored. This file is ignored if jh_manifest is passed jar files via command line. OPTIONS
-c classpath, --classpath=classpath Sets the Class-Path attribute of all processed jar files to classpath. If not passed, then the CLASSPATH environment variable will be used in the given jar file do not have a Class-Path attribute. -m class, --main=class Sets the Main-Class attribute to class in all processed jar files. -o options, --javaopts=options Sets the Debian-Java-Parameters to options in all processed jar files. This attribute is used by jarwrapper to start java with extra options (e.g. to make more memory available). -j /path/to/java/home, --java-home=/path/to/java/home Sets the Debian-Java-Home attribute to /path/to/java/home in all processed jars. This attribute is used by jarwrapper to determine which JVM to use. EXAMPLES
An example debian/manifest file: # use the symlink so we do not have to update with the next upstream release. usr/share/java/my.jar: Class-Path: dep1.jar dep2.jar Main-Class: some.awesome.Class usr/share/java/dep2.jar: Class-Path: dep1.jar SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of javahelper and uses debhelper as backend. There are also tutorials in /usr/share/doc/javahelper. AUTHOR
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 by Niels Thykier This tool is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU GPL 2. 0.43 2012-03-12 JH_MANIFEST(1)