Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MAC OS X : Q & A :
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) MAC OS X : Q & A : Post 302076831 by cbkihong on Friday 16th of June 2006 12:08:20 AM
Old 06-16-2006
Please pay attention to the forum rule:

Quote:
(3) Refrain from idle chatter that does not contribute to the knowledge base.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Web Dev

Could someone recommend a good book? Regarding Unix and Mac os X? I know the OS is new, but Unix ain't. I would like to know more about setting up the webserver on my machine. All the HTML works fine, it's just when i try to execute a cgi, php or a pl script.. :( I have tried and tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chojin
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X & UNIX

I just joined the Forum a few days ago! :) I have a mac book and decided to look under the hood. Low and behold, UNIX! To be honest, I know nothing about unix, but I want to learn. I have no real goals as of yet, other than to learn what I can. I do own a few domains hosted by a good company. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fellojello
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Where & what bash env file, Mac OS?

Hi! I wanted to simplify my bash prompt, so I edited my etc/bashrc file. I thought this was the file that would override any other env files. When I opened it, I saw that the way it was setup was not what my prompt looked like, although I forget exactly what was there. But i edited it the way I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudon't
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Need to disable CBC mode cipher encryption along with MD5 & 96 bit MAC algorithm

Hi All Is any one know how to diable CBC mode cipher encryption along with MD5 & 96 bit MAC algorithm in solaris 10. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
4 Replies
MAC_NONE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       MAC_NONE(4)

NAME
mac_none -- null MAC policy module SYNOPSIS
To compile the null policy into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options MAC options MAC_NONE Alternately, to load the sample module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options MAC and in loader.conf(5): mac_none_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mac_none policy module implements a sample MAC policy that has no effect on access control in the system. Unlike mac_stub(4), none of the MAC entry points are defined. Label Format No labels are defined for mac_none. SEE ALSO
mac(4), mac_biba(4), mac_bsdextended(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_lomac(4), mac_mls(4), mac_partition(4), mac_portacl(4), mac_seeotheruids(4), mac_stub(4), mac_test(4), mac(9) HISTORY
The mac_none policy module first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0 and was developed by the TrustedBSD Project. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by Network Associates Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BUGS
See mac(9) concerning appropriateness for production use. The TrustedBSD MAC Framework is considered experimental in FreeBSD. While the MAC Framework design is intended to support the containment of the root user, not all attack channels are currently protected by entry point checks. As such, MAC Framework policies should not be relied on, in isolation, to protect against a malicious privileged user. BSD
December 1, 2002 BSD