Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass tablename as a parameter in the Control File -- sqlldr Post 302076814 by madhunk on Thursday 15th of June 2006 06:57:26 PM
Old 06-15-2006
I think I have got the answer....

PHP Code:
sed s/TABLENAME/$1Template.ctl > /tmp/sample.ctl 
In the control file, I have TABLENAME as a parameter in the Template.ctl.

In the shell script, I am passing TABLENAME as a parameter...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass input and output file as parameter to awk script

Hi, i am new to awk. I am using csv2pipe script(shown below) BEGIN { FS=SUBSEP; OFS="|" } { result = setcsv($0, ",") print } # setcsv(str, sep) - parse CSV (MS specification) input # str, the string to be parsed. (Most likely $0.) # sep, the separator between the values. # #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskarjha178
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass the parameter value to a... ?

Hello I have a simple code like this one: #!/bin/ksh VER=$1 cat /usr/text | while read line do echo $line done Let's say $1=1.0.0 and the contents of text is: abcd.cfg asdf I would like the output to be like this abcd1.0.0.cfg asdf1.0.0 I am thinking of passing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read database tablename from another file

i hava a file which contains database like emp dept loc now i want to create a script that read this file line by line and create a seperate query that ll be run in database like.. DELETE FROM TRS_ONE_ATDE WHERE DATA_DT = <from file> how can this be achieved. pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshguliao
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass value from file to parameter

Hi Guys, I have a file in the format Parmater=value. I want to read the value and pass it to corresponding Variable. The Parameter file is as follows Number=23 Text1=mango Text2=yup 'Number' value needs to be read and passed to ID variable. Also, 'Text1' value needs to be passed to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create the SQLLDR control file from Oracle table.

I need to create the shell script load the few 100 table using the SQLLDR. Need to generate the control file for each table using oracle table. table has "table names" and "column names" using this need create the control file. example table rows below table_nme column_nme DEPT ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pimmit22043
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to pass parameter from file to sqlplus in UNIX?

i have file in which i have employee id are there and every time number of employee id are different in file means number of count of employee id in file are every time different. 343535435 365765767 343534543 343543543 i want to pass this file to sqlplus and sql command is ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How pass the input parameter to a file in the script ?

OS version: RHEL 6.7 myTextFile.txt file is referred within Script1.sh script, I only execute Script1.sh and I want the input variable to be passed inside myTextFile.txt . Any idea how I can do this ? $ cat script1.sh cat myTextFile.txt $ cat myTextFile.txt $1 Requirement1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
Alzabo::Table(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Alzabo::Table(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Table - Table objects SYNOPSIS
use Alzabo::Table; my $t = $schema->table('foo'); foreach $pk ($t->primary_keys) { print $pk->name; } DESCRIPTION
Objects in this class represent tables. They contain foreign key, index, and column objects. METHODS
schema Returns the "Alzabo::Schema" object to which this table belongs. name Returns the name of the table. column ($name) Returns the "Alzabo::Column" object that matches the name given. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the column. columns (@optional_list_of_column_names) If no arguments are given, returns a list of all "Alzabo::Column" objects in the schema, or in a scalar context the number of such tables. If one or more arguments are given, returns a list of table objects with those names, in the same order given. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain one or more of the specified columns. has_column ($name) Returns a voolean value indicating whether the column exists in the table. primary_key In array context, return an ordered list of column objects that make up the primary key for the table. In scalar context, it returns the first element of that list. primary_key_size The number of columns in the table's primary key. column_is_primary_key ("Alzabo::Column" object) Returns a boolean value indicating whether the column given is part of the table's primary key. This method is really only needed if you're not sure that the column belongs to the table. Otherwise just call the "Alzabo::Col- umn->is_primary_key" method on the column object. attributes A table's attributes are strings describing the table (for example, valid attributes in MySQL are thing like "TYPE = INNODB". Returns a list of strings. has_attribute This method can be used to test whether or not a table has a particular attribute. By default, the check is case-insensitive. * attribute => $attribute * case_sensitive => 0 or 1 (defaults to 0) Returns a boolean value indicating whether the table has this particular attribute. foreign_keys Thie method takes two parameters: * column => "Alzabo::Column" object * table => "Alzabo::Table" object It returns a list of "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects from the given column to the given table, if they exist. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the specified column. foreign_keys_by_table ("Alzabo::Table" object) Returns a list of all the "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects to the given table. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. foreign_keys_by_column ("Alzabo::Column" object) Returns a list of all the "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects that the given column is a part of, if any. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the specified column. all_foreign_keys Returns a list of all the "Alzabo::ForeignKey" objects for this table. In scalar context, it returns the first item in the list. There is no guarantee as to what the first item will be. index ($index_id) This method expects an index id as returned by the "Alzabo::Index->id" method as its parameter. The "Alzabo::Index" object matching this id, if it exists in the table. An "Alzabo::Exception::Params" exception is throws if the table does not contain the specified index. has_index ($index_id) This method expects an index id as returned by the "Alzabo::Index->id" method as its parameter. Returns a boolean indicating whether the table has an index with the same id. indexes Returns all the "Alzabo::Index" objects for the table. comment Returns the comment associated with the table object, if any. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Table(3pm)