Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to connect to admin accout through script Post 302076516 by naamas03 on Wednesday 14th of June 2006 01:35:32 AM
Old 06-14-2006
thanks for the quick response
i didn't get the idea of sudo should i build these as different file ?
does someone have any other solution ?
please help
best regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

One accout for FTP other to TELNET

Hi All, If I want to have two user accounts from the same grop in UNIX Solaries. However, I want one of them to be used only for FTP while the other for TELNET. Can anybody tell me how to do that? Best Regards (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
13 Replies

2. Solaris

accout

I have a sunfire V240 but nobody seems to know the root password. I can get into ALOM but not console mode. Is there a hack or something that cn get me back into this system lo reload it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsdwarfs
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script stops running the remaining checks after becoming admin

Hi all, I encountered a problem where my script stops running the remaining checks after becoming an admin that is written within the script. For example: ========================================= #!/bin/sh check 1 # Runs successfully check 2 # Runs successfully /com/bin/admin #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seanchew
1 Replies

4. AIX

script for finding all the users with GID 0 ( admin group )

Hi Friends, I am trying to write a script for finding all the users with the GID 0 i.e. Admin users. can you please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anoopraok
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send Email to a user when an admin kills process

Can anyone create or give me a script that I can use to email a user automatically when I kill one of their processes? Or Can you give me a script to allow me to email a user (entering email manually) when a process is killed? Like showing what the PID was and a reason the admin killed it? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeGazz84
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to say goodbye to a fellow admin via Shell script.?

I have a good friend leaving my place of employment. He's an old greybeard. His first job was sorting punch cards. I'm serious. I'm looking for suggestions on a short shell script to write in his card to say good bye. Please be creative and obfusticating! have fun with it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies
BUILD-RDEPS(1)															    BUILD-RDEPS(1)

NAME
build-rdeps - find packages that depend on a specific package to build (reverse build depends) SYNOPSIS
build-rdeps package DESCRIPTION
build-rdeps searches for all packages that build-depend on the specified package. OPTIONS
-u, --update Run apt-get update before searching for build-depends. -s, --sudo Use sudo when running apt-get update. Has no effect if -u is omitted. --distribution Select another distribution, which is searched for build-depends. --only-main Ignore contrib and non-free --exclude-component Ignore the given component (e.g. main, contrib, non-free). --origin Restrict the search to only the specified origin (such as "Debian"). -m, --print-maintainer Print the value of the maintainer field for each package. -d, --debug Run the debug mode --help Show the usage information. --version Show the version information. REQUIREMENTS
The tool requires apt Sources files to be around for the checked components. In the default case this means that in /var/lib/apt/lists files need to be around for main, contrib and non-free. In practice this means one needs to add one deb-src line for each component, e.g. deb-src http://<mirror>/debian <dist> main contrib non-free and run apt-get update afterwards or use the update option of this tool. LICENSE
This code is copyright by Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org>, all rights reserved. This program comes with ABSOLUTELEY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. AUTHOR
Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 BUILD-RDEPS(1)