Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: data processing
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users data processing Post 302076513 by vino on Wednesday 14th of June 2006 12:11:27 AM
Old 06-14-2006
Code:
sed -n -e "s_[^#]*#[^#]*#[^#]*143.*_&_p" in.txt

-n : do not print the lines that are read.

[^#]*# : Any non-# characters followed by any number of non-# characters till you reach the first occurence of #.

*143.* : a pattern which has 143 in it.

& : denotes whatever was captured in the pattern field of s/pattern/replacement/

p : print the line. This is needed because we used -n.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data File Processing Help

I need to read contents of directory and create a list of data files that match a certain pattern and process by renaming it and calling a existing .ksh script then archiving off to file another directory. Any suggestions or samples u could point me to on using .ksh perl or other to process... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How should i know that the process is still processing data

I have some process . How should i know that the process is still processing data or got hanged even though it is showing that it is running in background I know of a command called truss. how should i use this command and determine 1) process is still processing data 2) process got hanged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a dummy question on data processing

Hi, everyone, I have a matrix, let's say: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 7 8 9 1 2 3 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... ......... (nxm matrix) Is there a simple command that can take certain specific rows out of the matrix? e.g., I want to take row 2 (4 5 6 7 8 9 ...) and row 4 (3 4 5 6 7 8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data processing, maybe awk

I have a file, first 5 columns are very normal, like "1107",106027,71400,"Y","BIOLOGY",, however, the 6th columns, the user can put comments, anything, just any characters, like new line, double quote, single quote, whatever from the keyboard, like"Please load my previous SOM597G course content in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
3 Replies

5. Programming

Data processing

Hello guys! I have some issue in how to processing some data. I have some files with 3 columns. The 1st column is a name of my sample. The 2nd column is a numerical sequence (very big sequence) starting from "1". And the 3rd column is a feature of each line, represented for a number (completely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bfantinatti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Genomic data processing

Dear fellow members, I've just joined the forum and am a newbie to shell scripting and programming. I'm stuck on the following problem. I'm working with large scale genomic data and need to do some analyses on it. Essentially it is text processing problem, so please don't mind the scientific... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvaishnav
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data processing using awk

Hello, I have some bitrate data in a csv which is in an odd format and is difficult to process in Excel when I have thousands of rows. Therefore, I was thinking of doing this in bash and using awk as the primary application except that due to its complication, I'm a little stuck. ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Processing

I have below Data *************************************************** ********************BEGINNING-1******************** directive url is : https://coursera-eu.mokar.com/directives/96df29ff-176a-35f7-8b1b-4ce483d15762 Src urls are :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Processing files one by one using data from pipe

Hi guys, I receive a list from pipe (with fixed number of lines) like this: name1 name2 name3 And in my ./ folder I have three files: 01-oldname.test 02-someoldname.test 03-evenoldername.test How to rename files one by one using while read? Desired result: 01-name1.test 02-name2.test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
3 Replies
XSYSTEM35(6)						       xsystem35 User Manual						      XSYSTEM35(6)

NAME
xsystem35 - program to play System 3.5 games SYNOPSIS
xsystem35 [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xsystem35 command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. xsystem35 is a program to run System 3.5 games. Known games are: o Kichikuou Rance o Ikenai Katsumi Sensei o Rance IV for WIN o Tshin Toshi 2 for WIN o Kaerunyo Panyon o Ikusamiko o Ningengari (in Alice no Yakata 456) o Type Zero (in Alice no Yakata 456) o ATLACH=NACHA (in Alice no Yakata 456) o DALK (in Alice no Yakata 456) o Tshin Toshi (in Alice no Yakata 456) o Dr. Stop! (in Alice no Yakata 456) o Rance I (in Alice no Yakata 456) o Rance II (in Alice no Yakata 456) o Rance III (in Alice no Yakata 456) o o DiaboLiQuE o AmbivalenZ for Win95 o Pastel Chime o Prostudent GOOD o Mamorigami-sama o Mamatoto o Hushaby Baby o DARCROWS o Persiom o o SeeIN Ao o D.P.S.? (in 20 seiki Alice) o (in 20 seiki Alice) o Only You - Re cross o Lv1.5 o Daiakuji (Not opening) o (Not opening) OPTIONS
The program start with the following options starting with one dash (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -gamefile file set game resouce file to 'file' -no-shm don't use MIT-SHM (use in another display) -devcd device set cdrom device name to 'device' -devmidi device set midi device name to 'device' -devdsp device set audio device name to 'device' /dev/dsp : oss type (device name) -O? select output audio device -Oo OSS mode -Os ALSA mode -Oe Enlightened Sound Daemon mode -O0 Disable Audio output -M? select output midi methods -Me External midi player -Mr Raw Midi device -Ms? Sequenceer device (?:devicenumber) -M0 Disable MIDI output -midiplayer cmd set external midi player to 'cmd' -devmix device set mixer device name to 'device' (effective only for oss) -devjoy device set joystick device name to 'device' if 'device' is set to 'none', don't use the device -savekanji # kanji code of filename (0 or 1 ... 0:euc, 1:sjis) -antialias always draw antialiased string (for !256 colors game) -noantialias never use antialiased string (for !256 colors game) -fullscreen start with fullscreen -noimagecursor disable image cursor -version Show version of program. -h, --help Show summary of options. FILES
${HOME}/.xsys35rc The per-user configuration file to control the behaviour of xsystem35. AUTHOR
Ying-Chun Liu <paulliu@debian.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. xsystem35 11/20/2011 XSYSTEM35(6)