Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX 5.3 - There is no process to read data written to a pipe Post 302076507 by SnakeEater on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 10:19:58 PM
Old 06-13-2006
Question

Hi Unix gurus,
I have problem executing remote ssh from cygwin on WIN XP SP2. I have the the public key in the host to have SSH login without the need of password.
I am sure this is not due to path or environment as I can run this within the shell and I added PATH and all necessary LIBPATH within the script.

From windows DOS prompt, i am executing:
ssh user@host /home/user/tmp/prog.ksh

output:

* Welcome to AIX Version 5.2! *
* Please see the README file in /usr/lpp/bos for information pertinent to *
* this release of the AIX Operating System. *
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /home/user/util/bin/tracking because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module liborbixmt.so could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module liborbixmt.so.
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
/home/user/tmp/prog.ksh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

check written data

I'm using growisofs to write DVD, e.g. $ growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -V "Personal Data, `date +"%b, %d %Y"`" -R -J /mnt/d/* How can I test whether data was written correctly? md5sum or so? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to clear the content of a pipe (STDIN) after it is written to another program?

PROGRAM A <-> PROGRAM B PROGRAM A sends data as STDIN ro PROGRAM B and when PROGRAM B is executed from PROGRAM A, it sends output back to PROGRAM A. This is implemented using 2 pipes (fd1 & fd2). The above process happens in a loop and during the second run, the previous data that had been... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform action file name written to the pipe

Hello, I have a script that monitors files uploaded via ftp. After a successful upload, the file name is written to the pipe. There is another program that reads this pipe and allows automatically run any program or script ( say test.sh ) to process the newly uploaded file. cat test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict data from getting written to Logs

$SYBASE/bin/isql -U $DB_USERID -S $DB_SERVER << ! >> $OUTFILE `echo $DB_PASSWD` use $db go Print " The processing" go ! # Extract data to file echo $DB_PASSWD | $SYBASE/bin/bcp $WRK_DB..open out $CONV_DIR/open".csv -t\, -c -U $DB_USERID -S $DB_SERVER -b 1000 | tail -3 I am able to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read/Search file being written to giving error due to timing issues

The following is a piece of code to rename LOG_FILE_NEW to LOG_FILE once you get a result (either RUNNING or SHUTDOWN) RESULT="" sleep 30 while ; do sleep 10 RESULT=`sed -n '/RUNNING/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` if ; then RESULT=`sed -n '/SHUTTING_DOWN/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` fi done mv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonorous
3 Replies

6. AIX

Tape drive problem - no process to read data written to a pipe

Hi Everyone, The machine I'm working on is an AIX 5.3 LPAR running on a P650. oslevel -r shows 5300-08. I'm trying to take a backup to a SCSI tape drive, which has been working up until this point. I know of nothing that has changed recently to cause this problem. But when I try to take a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No process to read data written to a pipe on AIX

We use SAP application cluster on AIX. Communication between 2 of its instances is failing randomly with the following error: java.net.SocketException: There is no process to read data written to a pipe. The above error causes a cluster restart if an important communication fails. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to read text from file and process $variable in that data too.

In the hello.htm have the sentenses: Hello $name How are you? The perl script: $name = "David"; open(HEADER,"hello.htm"); while(<HEADER>) { $html .= $_; } close(HEADER); print "$html";I making something about template. But it can't process the $name variable. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natong
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read pipe data

Hello, I need to read the pipe data as:- cat abc.txt | uuencode abc.txt | mailx -s hi xyz@xyz.com I will override the mailx function so that when mailx is called, it calls my version of maix and in that function I want to read the file which is attached in progional mailx function- abc.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubh05
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a fast written log file at Real time speed?

Hello All, I am building a real time parser for a log file in my application. The log file is continuously written at a very fast pace and gets rolled over every 10 minutes. I have measured the speed and observed that around 1000 lines are written to it every second, each line about 30-40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
7 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id -- copy public keys to a remote host SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-lv] [-i keyfile] [-o option] [-p port] [user@]hostname DESCRIPTION
The ssh-copy-id utility copies public keys to a remote host's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file (creating the file and directory, if required). The following options are available: -i file Copy the public key contained in file. This option can be specified multiple times and can be combined with the -l option. If a private key is specified and a public key is found then the public key will be used. -l Copy the keys currently held by ssh-agent(1). This is the default if the -i option was not specified. -o ssh-option Pass this option directly to ssh(1). This option can be specified multiple times. -p port Connect to the specified port on the remote host instead of the default. -v Pass -v to ssh(1). The remaining arguments are a list of remote hosts to connect to, each one optionally qualified by a user name. EXIT STATUS
The ssh-copy-id utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To send a specific key to multiple hosts: $ ssh-copy-id -i /path/to/keyfile.pub user@host1 user@host2 user@host3 HISTORY
The ssh-copy-id utility was written by Eitan Adler <eadler@FreeBSD.org> as a drop-in replacement for an existing utility included with OpenSSH. BSD
February 28, 2014 BSD