Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: data processing
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users data processing Post 302076488 by rochitsharma on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 02:53:33 PM
Old 06-13-2006
hi vino

could u explain me the working of ur command.

Regards
Rochit

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data File Processing Help

I need to read contents of directory and create a list of data files that match a certain pattern and process by renaming it and calling a existing .ksh script then archiving off to file another directory. Any suggestions or samples u could point me to on using .ksh perl or other to process... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How should i know that the process is still processing data

I have some process . How should i know that the process is still processing data or got hanged even though it is showing that it is running in background I know of a command called truss. how should i use this command and determine 1) process is still processing data 2) process got hanged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a dummy question on data processing

Hi, everyone, I have a matrix, let's say: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 7 8 9 1 2 3 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... ......... (nxm matrix) Is there a simple command that can take certain specific rows out of the matrix? e.g., I want to take row 2 (4 5 6 7 8 9 ...) and row 4 (3 4 5 6 7 8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data processing, maybe awk

I have a file, first 5 columns are very normal, like "1107",106027,71400,"Y","BIOLOGY",, however, the 6th columns, the user can put comments, anything, just any characters, like new line, double quote, single quote, whatever from the keyboard, like"Please load my previous SOM597G course content in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
3 Replies

5. Programming

Data processing

Hello guys! I have some issue in how to processing some data. I have some files with 3 columns. The 1st column is a name of my sample. The 2nd column is a numerical sequence (very big sequence) starting from "1". And the 3rd column is a feature of each line, represented for a number (completely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bfantinatti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Genomic data processing

Dear fellow members, I've just joined the forum and am a newbie to shell scripting and programming. I'm stuck on the following problem. I'm working with large scale genomic data and need to do some analyses on it. Essentially it is text processing problem, so please don't mind the scientific... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvaishnav
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data processing using awk

Hello, I have some bitrate data in a csv which is in an odd format and is difficult to process in Excel when I have thousands of rows. Therefore, I was thinking of doing this in bash and using awk as the primary application except that due to its complication, I'm a little stuck. ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Processing

I have below Data *************************************************** ********************BEGINNING-1******************** directive url is : https://coursera-eu.mokar.com/directives/96df29ff-176a-35f7-8b1b-4ce483d15762 Src urls are :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Processing files one by one using data from pipe

Hi guys, I receive a list from pipe (with fixed number of lines) like this: name1 name2 name3 And in my ./ folder I have three files: 01-oldname.test 02-someoldname.test 03-evenoldername.test How to rename files one by one using while read? Desired result: 01-name1.test 02-name2.test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
3 Replies
DOVEADM-AUTH(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-AUTH(1)

NAME
doveadm-auth - Test authentication for a user SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] auth [-a auth_socket_path] [-x auth_info] user [password] DESCRIPTION
The auth command can be used to test the authentication for the given user. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a auth_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/auth-client. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -x auth_info auth_info specifies additional conditions for the auth command. The auth_info option string has to be given as name=value pair. For multiple conditions the -x option could be supplied multiple times. Possible names for the auth_info are: service The service for which the authentication lookup should be tested. The value may be the name of a service, commonly used with Dovecot. For example: imap, pop3 or smtp. lip The local IP address (server) for the test. rip The remote IP address (client) for the test. lport The local port, e.g. 143 rport The remote port, e.g. 24567 ARGUMENTS
user The user's login name. Depending on the configuration, the login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. password Optionally the user's password. doveadm(1) will prompt for the password, if none was given. EXAMPLE
This example demonstrates an imap authentication test for user john, assuming the user is connected from the host with the IP address 192.0.2.143. doveadm auth -x service=imap -x rip=192.0.2.143 john johns_password passdb: john auth succeeded extra fields: user=john REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveconf(1) Dovecot v2.2 2010-06-09 DOVEADM-AUTH(1)