Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to do selected copy
Operating Systems Solaris how to do selected copy Post 302076473 by dbasan on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 11:19:57 AM
Old 06-13-2006
Thanks sssow!

This also works good: Smilie

find /global/Oracle/BACKUP/fsdev/EXP/Fexp.log -mtime -3 | xargs -I {} cp {} /global/Oracle/BACKUP/fsdev/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy selected contents from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy selected Directories

I wonder if someone would help me a little here. I have a directory (folder on a mac) with about 100 subfolders and sub-subfolders and files there in. All sub directories have the same name structure, "AAA Name". Like this: ISP CompanyName ITS CompanyName KEL CompanyName KRA CompanyName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigurarm
2 Replies

3. Solaris

can not mount the selected partition

Dear Brothers First i installed suse linux with the following partition. my hd0 size is 75gb hdc1 swap 1 gb hdc2 native linux 39gb For the rest of the 35 gb i did not create any partition. so i planned to install solaris 10x86 on that free space. When i installed the solaris i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print selected pages

I have a large file and want to print out, but I don't want to print all, just some pages. Like if the file has 100 pages, I just want to print out page 3-34 and 67-87. How can I do? By the way, I already try "lp -o page-ranges=value" command which doesn't work on my computer because -o <option>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & Copy Selected files to another Directory

I am wanting to find files within a directory that are over a certain number of days old and copy them to another directory. And unfortunately not having much luck.......is someone able to help. Would also like to add that there are literally thousands of files that I am wanting to copy in one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellfyre
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy selected lines in vim

Hi, I am looking to copy selected lines from a file using the vim editor. I have looked up a few resources and they have suggested to use this- Type mk Type: "ay'k (double quotes, <register name from a-z>, <y-yank single quote, k You can paste those lines wherever you want with "ap I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolavi
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hoe to copy selected strings from file into another text file

Hi Experts, I just want to copy some selected strings from a a file into a new .txt file . I am using below command to find the data now want to copy the search results into another .txt file please help me . find /Path -exec grep -w "filename1|filename1|filename1|" '{}' \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

10. Web Development

How to copy a selected value of list box into a text box in html form?

hi, i have a list box , a text box and a button in a html form. list box displays some values, when a user selects a value from the list box and press the button. the selected value should be copied to the text box value. can any1 give me a html and javascript code to do this facility. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies
MERGE-INFO(1)						       XStow Reference Guide						     MERGE-INFO(1)

NAME
merge-info, merge and unmerge GNU Info index files SYNOPSIS
merge-info [OPTION ...] FILE FILE DESCRIPTION
merge-info can merge and unmerge the GNU Info index files named 'dir'. These files are usally created by install-info at install time of an application, or automatically generated by a mkinfodir script. If you are installing 2 packages at two different locations, two different 'dir' files are created. Eg.: One in /stow/foo/usr/local/info/dir and one in /stow/bar/usr/local/info/dir This is the common case if you are using a tool like xstow(1). merge-info can handle this and can merge both 'dir' files and creates a new 'dir' file. USAGE
merge-info [OPTION ...] FILE FILE Merge two files: merge-info /stow/foo/info/dir /stow/bar/info/dir Remove the content of a 'dir' file from another 'dir' file merge-info -u /stow/foo/info/dir /stow/bar/info/dir OPTIONS
-dl -debug-level INT Set's the debug level. An unsigned integer is accepted. The default value is 0. -h -help Shows a help screen. -V -Version Displays the verion number of the XStow package. merge-info is shipped with xstow(1). -u -unmerge Unmerge instead of merge. Note: It is not possible splitting up one 'dir' file into two. But removing the content of one 'dir' file from the other one is possible. -o -outfile Write the resulting 'dir' file not to stdout. Write it to a given file. Since merge-info does not open this outfile until all the merging or unmerging stuff is done it is allowed that the outfile is one the source files. eg.: merge-info -u foo/info/dir bar/info/dir -o foo/info/dir -d -duplicate Remove duplicate entries. When merging 2 files an entry can appear in more than one section. If you do not wan't this, use this option. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
XSTOW_DEBUG_LEVEL Same as the -debug-level option. AUTHORS
merge-info was written by Martin Oberzalek <kingleo@gmx.at>. COPYING
merge-info, a tool for merging GNU Info index files. Copyright (C) 2004-2005 by Martin Oberzalek <kingleo@gmx.at> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. SEE ALSO
info(1) install-info(1) xstow(1) XStow 1.0.0 2012-05-29 MERGE-INFO(1)