Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: expert vi commands
Operating Systems Solaris expert vi commands Post 302076455 by Love on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 08:58:46 AM
Old 06-13-2006
Bug Thanks for your needful help.

Many many thanks for your valuable help.

Regards,
Love (Jennifer) Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Perl and Expert Systems

Hi, I'm designing / writing a system which would analyze results of a load test and determine whether test passed or failed. The trouble is, the pass/fail criteria is very complex. And it may vary. So I'm thinking of something similar to Expert Systems. One idea is put the rules in XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Becoming a Solaris expert?

Hello everyone, how do you really study to become an expert in solaris OS? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

os x hdiutil expert needed

I am writing a script that using the "Total Bytes" field from hdiutil imageinfo -plist <file>. My intention is to get the total mounted size of a compressed dmg. It works for some images, but sometimes it doesn't seem to match up, particularly with larger (over 1 gb) images. Can anybody explain... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to expert Shell Programming ?

Guys, I have been reading the bash books, there are so many command & operators etc. The theory part is so much. Overall I have read some book. Still do not feel I know the bash with confidence. Lots of Jobs for System Admin demand Scripting knowledge as requirement .. I think I should... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)