Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris limited ping "command" at solaris Post 302076431 by srilinux on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 05:50:21 AM
Old 06-13-2006
limited ping "command" at solaris

Hi... Iam new members at this forum. and I have a little problem with "command ping"
what the "command to ping at limited time", for example
at linux
$ping -c5 10.0.0.62 and the responed as below:
64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=0.843 ms
64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=2 ttl=128 time=0.250 ms
64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=3 ttl=128 time=0.245 ms
64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=4 ttl=128 time=0.211 ms
64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=5 ttl=128 time=0.223 ms

Responed above :5 row answer responed

BUT I don't know how to ping with limited responed (5 times answer)
at solaris/unix. (because command different)

For solution my trouble, thanks a lot.

regards,
srilinux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementing "Time Limited, Trial" version of my program

Hello everyone, I am just looking for ideas on how I can implement a demo version of my program which will be available in unix environment (solaris and linux). So what I have in mind is to either implement a limited-time version (trial version expires after 30 days) or a limited-number... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)					      General Commands Manual						MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)

NAME
mrtg-ping-probe - ping probe module for Multi Router Traffic Grapher DESCRIPTION
mrtg-ping-probe is a ping probe module for MRTG 2.x. It is used to monitor the round trip time and packet loss to networked devices. MRTG uses the output of mrtg-ping-probe to generate graphs visualizing minimum and maximum round trip times or packet loss. mrtg-ping-probe is not run directly, but is called by MRTG as a helper when it needs to determine ping time to a host. Act responsibly: do not use mrtg-ping-probe to ping devices without the owner's permission. Just imagine if 10,000 people decided to ping your hosts! mrtg-ping-probe is meant to be used within your network to get round trip time performance figures for your network. OPTIONS
To use mrtg-ping-probe you need to configure MRTG to call it from within the definition of a target host. This is done in the MRTG config file, which is usually /etc/mrtg.conf. Here's an example snippet: change the target name and IP address to suit your needs. Target[your.target.ping]: `/usr/bin/mrtg-ping-probe 123.456.789.123` SetEnv[your.target.ping]: MRTG_INT_IP="123.456.789.123" MRTG_INT_DESCR="ping" MaxBytes[your.target.ping]: 100 AbsMax[your.target.ping]: 200 Options[your.target.ping]: gauge, growright YLegend[your.target.ping]: ping time (ms) ShortLegend[your.target.ping]: ms Legend1[your.target.ping]: Maximum Round Trip Time in ms Legend2[your.target.ping]: Minimum Round Trip Time in ms Legend3[your.target.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Maximum Round Trip Time in ms Legend4[your.target.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Minimum Round Trip Time in ms LegendI[your.target.ping]:  Max: LegendO[your.target.ping]:  Min: Pay close attention to the backticks in the first line which tell MRTG to execute the nominated external program. Note also that you need to use the "gauge" option, since the results of subsequent ping probes are independant values and not an incrementing counter. SEE ALSO
mrtg(1). The latest release of mrtg-ping-probe can be found on the web at http://pwo.de/projects/mrtg/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jonathan Oxer <jon@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 14, 2003 MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)