Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass unix variable to oracle Post 302076371 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of June 2006 04:10:39 PM
Old 06-12-2006
Please search the forum. This one question has been answered at least five different times in the past week.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a oracle variable back to the shell script

Hi, I am calling an oracle function that returns a number (either 0 or 2), how do I pass that pass to the wrapping shell script as I would like to do other things based on the value returned by the oracle function. Your help will be appreciated. -------------------------- sqlplus / <<... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i pass a file from unix to oracle??

I am having a file which has the following data 123424 2354235 142424 43423 1434 . . . . etc i want to pass these values to oracle at a time by using a file.. can someone suggest me a answer... waiting...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass value back to unix variable

i had this unix korn shell code that connects to oracle database and execute the oracle procedure. i need to add a variable that indicates the oracle procedure failed. basically the variable is to check if the oracle procedure failed it will assign 1 and when the variable is equal to 1 it will not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Oracle variable in UNIX?

Hello All, I need to export various variables in UNIX. But the values of those variables will come from Oracle. Say i have Oracle query: Select file_id, file_desc, file_freq_cd, load_table_nm, load_stored_procd_nm, load_proc_typ_nm, err_rec_cnt_thrsld_nbr, file_expc_rec_cnt From Table1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable string in To_Date Oracle function in shell script

Hello, I am trying to execute an SQL query from shell script. A part of script is something like this: fromDate=`echo $(date +"%F%T") | sed "s/-//g" | sed "s/://g"` $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOD1 connect $COSDBUID/$COSDBPWD@$COSDBSID spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanketpatel.86
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)