Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass unix variable to oracle Post 302076371 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of June 2006 04:10:39 PM
Old 06-12-2006
Please search the forum. This one question has been answered at least five different times in the past week.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a oracle variable back to the shell script

Hi, I am calling an oracle function that returns a number (either 0 or 2), how do I pass that pass to the wrapping shell script as I would like to do other things based on the value returned by the oracle function. Your help will be appreciated. -------------------------- sqlplus / <<... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i pass a file from unix to oracle??

I am having a file which has the following data 123424 2354235 142424 43423 1434 . . . . etc i want to pass these values to oracle at a time by using a file.. can someone suggest me a answer... waiting...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass value back to unix variable

i had this unix korn shell code that connects to oracle database and execute the oracle procedure. i need to add a variable that indicates the oracle procedure failed. basically the variable is to check if the oracle procedure failed it will assign 1 and when the variable is equal to 1 it will not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Oracle variable in UNIX?

Hello All, I need to export various variables in UNIX. But the values of those variables will come from Oracle. Say i have Oracle query: Select file_id, file_desc, file_freq_cd, load_table_nm, load_stored_procd_nm, load_proc_typ_nm, err_rec_cnt_thrsld_nbr, file_expc_rec_cnt From Table1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable string in To_Date Oracle function in shell script

Hello, I am trying to execute an SQL query from shell script. A part of script is something like this: fromDate=`echo $(date +"%F%T") | sed "s/-//g" | sed "s/://g"` $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOD1 connect $COSDBUID/$COSDBPWD@$COSDBSID spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanketpatel.86
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies
PURITY-NG(6)							   Games Manual 						      PURITY-NG(6)

NAME
purity-ng - general purpose purity testing software SYNOPSIS
purity-ng [OPTION]... list|FILE|TESTNAME DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. OPTIONS
--version print current version of purity-ng -h, --help show the help message and exit -p print the test without prompting for answers. -r decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. To get a list of all purity tests available globally on your system, run purity-ng list. AUTHORS
purity was originally written by Eric Lechner in 1989. purity-ng is a reimplementation of purity in Python for modern systems, written by Simon Fondrie-Teitler and Luke Faraone. This manual page was written by Luke Faraone. BUGS
If you find bugs in the application, please report these to <https://bugs.launchpad.net/purity-ng> or to your distribution's distributor. SEE ALSO
purity(6) Running purity-ng format provides documentation about the datafile format. Additional documentation is available online at <http://packages.python.org/purity-ng>. January 7, 2011 PURITY-NG(6)