Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Script to perform some actions on multiple files Post 302076368 by heprox on Monday 12th of June 2006 03:31:12 PM
Old 06-12-2006
The syntax for:

Code:
/datafiles/[Uu][Pp][Ll][Oo][Aa][Dd].[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]

...was exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Worked like a charm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perform a command to multiple files

How do I perform a command to multiple files? For example, I want to look at all files in a directory and print the ones that do not contain a certain string. How do I go about doing this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcgrawa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Mulitple files mutliple actions

Hi all, I have mistkanely gzipped twice an entire folder and sub folders, and also renamed the files during that process. I am trying to undo this, and I need help to create the batch to work on it. All folders are under my images directory, I have a output.txt file that holds all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform a set of actions for a specific file type

Hello, I have a problem that I'm having quite a bit of trouble with. I am trying to create a script that performs a specific sequence of actions for a file of a specific type. This is an abbreviated version of my basic script: #!/bin/sh #coulombic calculations... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oehtus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk script to remove text / or perform calculations from large CSV files

I have a large CSV files (e.g. 2 million records) and am hoping to do one of two things. I have been trying to use awk and sed but am a newbie and can't figure out how to get it to work. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated - I'm stuck trying to remove the colon and wildcards in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metronomadic
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform actions at specific locations in data frame

Hi everyone, I got a data frame like the one below and and would like to do the following: Ignore the first 3 rows and check in all following rows the second position. If the value is >500, subtract 100. Example DF: ABC 22 DE 12 BCD 223 GH 12 EFG 2104 DH ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to perform appending of .sql files

Hi, We are having multiple .sql files generated programatically which is not containing.. create or replace -- at the start and / -- at the end We need to append those .sql files with the above 2 statements at their respective positions. We will be really thankful to get responses... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)