Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Define different ports for one Service Post 302076332 by Jeremy3 on Monday 12th of June 2006 09:45:34 AM
Old 06-12-2006
Define different ports for one Service

Hi all,

Is it possible to define different ports for one services.
For examplehave I've a SMPP service on port 6000, and I want add
port 6001, and 6002, and 6003, for the SMPP service.

If it's possible? how can we proceed? is it just by modifiying the /etc/services file?

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy

Last edited by Jeremy3; 06-13-2006 at 11:37 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

#define

Hello, I would like to conditionaly comment in my code source some fields from arrays. So I use the property ## from the #define definition. my code: ... #define slet /##* #define etsl *##/ ... const T_SVT_ADLL_A653_DESC A_DESC = { { slet qwerty etsl SLICING,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypleen
3 Replies

2. Programming

help with #define in C

if i do this in C #define NUM 1234512345 then how come i cant print it out using int main(int argc, char **argv) { printf("%d\n", NUM); return 0; } well the result is -1219236538, why isnt it 1234512345 ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

3. Programming

#define in c

Hi, I had a head file, looks like #define MIN_NUM 10 #define MAX_NUM 10 is there any way to get "MAX_NUM" from 10? thanks. peter (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
9 Replies

4. Linux

Packages that monitor OS configs and service/ports?

I have several Redhat servers and workstations that I need to be able to monitor for any changes and be notified of any changes to the OS. The features I need to specifically monitor are: ports - opening of new ports that are not already in a whitelist services - any starting or attempts to start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCDinPGH
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
SERVICES(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       SERVICES(5)

NAME
services -- service name data base DESCRIPTION
The services file contains information regarding the known services available in the DARPA Internet. For each service a single line should be present with the following information: official service name port number protocol name aliases Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. The port number and protocol name are considered a single item; a slash (``/'') is used to separate the port and protocol (e.g. ``512/tcp''). A hash (``#'') indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent char- acters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Service names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, newline, or comment character. The database in /var/db/services.db needs to be updated with services_mkdb(8) after changes to the services file have been applied. FILES
/etc/services The services file resides in /etc. SEE ALSO
getservent(3), services_mkdb(8) HISTORY
The services file format appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
A name server should be used instead of a static file. BSD
June 19, 2007 BSD