Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is wrapper script and how to write Post 302076320 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of June 2006 05:23:43 AM
Old 06-12-2006
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
myfile.sh  parm1 parm2 &
myfile.sh  parm3 parm4 &
myfile.sh  parm5 parm6 &
myfile.sh  parm7 parm8 &
wait

This runs the scripts in parallel. If you want them run sequentially, remove the "&" and the wait statement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a wrapper script

I tried searching the forum ,,but couldn't locate ..Can anyone give me a link or some information about wrapper script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thana
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to write a wrapper c code to return uid using getuid() function

And how to use setuid() ? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a wrapper script not working

Hello, I have the below wrapper script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' ) { $subnet = 'c:\path\to\subnet.txt'; } else { $subnet = '/opt/qip/wrapper-del-sub'; } open FH1, 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' or die "Can't open 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrapper script in perl

Hi, I am in need of way to facilitate this senerio in a perl script. I have CLI ( command line interface) which I run like so: kip-tepltist -u Xxx -p Xxx Which produces tones of names from each template it found: 194Iselin-NJ 33-IDFLB-North-611-Woodward-8600 ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count script wrapper help

I have this a code that I got help with for another task. I since tried to modify it to work on this task. I need someones expertise to modify it slightly and I am not sure where to start or yet fully understand the logic. I am trying to get a script to read my m-names.txt which has lots... (19 Replies)
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass parameter to the main script from wrapper script

Hi, I am writing a wrapper script(wrap_script.sh) to one of the main scripts (main_script.sh) The main script is executed as following: ./main_script.sh <LIST> <STARTDATE> <ENDDATE> looks for a parameter which is a LIST(consists of different list names that need to be processed), START/END... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper script Oracle look KSH

I have a KSH script that I want to call in a loop for each row in the above table --- new_script.ksh (psuedo code) the contents on this new script would be something like below... for t in (select table_name,schema_name from laod_table) loop /bin/load_table.ksh t.table_name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr23
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the my wrapper script

Hi friends, i am working in ksh88. i am running the follwing wapper script in background to run two jobs parallely((eg nohup wrapper.ksh &):: wrapper.ksh ######################## #!/bin/ksh nohup ./pii_insert.ksh /nsing83/p2/test & nohup ./pii_update.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on wrapper script

Hi Gurus, I need to build a wrapper script which will be passing the loading date and the data file name (provides option to the user to load a single data file or load all the data files) to the actual loader data_load.ksh to load in the database. 1. I want to execute the loader script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
6 Replies
TPAGE(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 TPAGE(1p)

NAME
Template::Tools::tpage - Process templates from command line USAGE
tpage [ --define var=value ] file(s) DESCRIPTION
The tpage script is a simple wrapper around the Template Toolkit processor. Files specified by name on the command line are processed in turn by the template processor and the resulting output is sent to STDOUT and can be redirected accordingly. e.g. tpage myfile > myfile.out tpage header myfile footer > myfile.html If no file names are specified on the command line then tpage will read STDIN for input. The "--define" option can be used to set the values of template variables. e.g. tpage --define author="Andy Wardley" skeleton.pm > MyModule.pm See Template for general information about the Perl Template Toolkit and the template language and features. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> VERSION
2.68, distributed as part of the Template Toolkit version 2.19, released on 27 April 2007. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
ttree perl v5.14.2 2012-01-13 TPAGE(1p)