Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to view users in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to view users in unix Post 302076113 by jerome on Thursday 8th of June 2006 10:49:27 PM
Old 06-08-2006
By the way, if this question had been answered please redirect me to that topic. I tried to search my question here in our forum but i didnt see an answer to my question!

Thanks!

More power!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix code - how to view? What is it?

I'm getting curious about making some of my own commands. I know this is realtively easy with script files and combining various unix standard commands. Is there a way to view the code that is used for these standard commands..i.e. how do I see what code is used for the 'join' command. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View TIFF images from UNIX

I am new to unix. I want to know if there is any tool or plugin available for AIX unix system through which a user can see the TIFF images. Below are the details: Our application runs on AIX Unix box. The users log in to the application through telnet clients running on Windows 2000/XP systems.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erpankajgupta
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view .tar file in unix

Guys, Could anyone let me know, how we can see the contents of .tar file without extracting it. I know the extracting and combine options Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view the unix logs in windows ??

Hi ! I have a FTP site, where I softlinked my server log file. Now I want to view the logs in IE as I do in unix Some kind of free tool should be there, Can somebody provide me a pointer. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for to view all users & groups history in root

Dear All, I want to know all users & group history in one file, for root terminal through shell or any other option (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

View CrobJobs used by all users

Hi I am using UNIX . I do not have root acces . How do i check different users cronjobs .Is there any command to check using mutiple users in one shot With user : AAA i can get all cronjob using crontab -l AAA similarly with user BBB i can get all cron entries . For that i need to login as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
5 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)